Job Title: Assistant Accountant (General Ledger) – MTN Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: MTN Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager General Ledger
MTN Uganda Profile:
MTN-Uganda is the leading telecommunications Company in Uganda, providing payphone, fixed lines, fax/data, internet and mobile services.
To ensure timely and correct recording of general ledger journals, maintain prepayments and accruals schedules while ensuring that the chart of account principles are adhered to.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare and upload all general ledger (GL) journals for all transactions going through the GL in the month
- Prepare and maintain up to date prepayments and accrual schedules and ensure that they give a true reflection of the general ledger
- Support the GL Manager to keep track of any changed in the COA as versions are rolled out to ensure decommissioned accounts have no balances, or if the accounts have balances. they should be moved to the respective new accounts in time, before account locking
- Keep track of key account movements that require close monitoring to improve reporting efficiency, as assigned.
- Participation in monthly commercial stock counts and reconciliations of physical stock to the GL balances
- Prepare costing for new inventory items
- Carry out spot checks at any warehouse/MTN service center to verify stock balances whenever needed.
- Prepare timely monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts for prepayments, accruals and selected inventory accounts on a monthly basis and as may be required
- Assist in identification and documentation of Business risks related especially in the areas of prepayments and inventory
Qualifications for MTN Uganda Jobs 2022
- Bachelor of commerce or any business degree with accounting as a major, or part qualification in ACCA, CPA
- 2 years’ working experience in a busy telecommunications finance operations environment.
- Ability to work well with people as this job has a lot of people dependencies.
Attributes & Skills:
- Good Computer skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to tolerate pressure
- Flexible and self-motivated with a positive attitude
- Ability to take initiative and self-driven
How To Apply for MTN Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 26th April 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.