Job Title: Graduate Trainee (Grants and Contracts (SPDT)) – IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Vacancy Code: GTGC X001
Reports to: Grants Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The mission of the Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is to build capacity of health systems in Africa with strong emphasis on infectious diseases through research, and capacity development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University-John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach. IDI invites applications for the following full-time positions for upcoming US government (USAID) sponsored projects for delivery of services for HIV/AIDS and related health conditions.
The Grants & Contracts Graduate Trainee (GCGT) will support the internal management of funded projects by monitoring and reporting financial and programmatic performance, monitor financial activity and external reporting, and will ensure compliance to individual sponsor requirements. In addition, he/she will support in the development and implementation of the collaborator/sub grantee systems and related sub grantee work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support as needed to development and maintenance of IDI grants/business management systems including the proposed automated sub-grants management system (covering issues across the entire grants cycle), content and scheduling for sub-grantee training and capacity building, the shared grants folder/s
- Support the Grants & Contracts team in reviewing post contract and sub-grantee financial documentation and reporting to ensure compliance with institutional and donor rules.
- To assist the grants and contracts team to provide audit documentation for post contract and sub granting purposes.
- Support the budget development process for new grants.
- Provide support in tracking and reporting of financial performance of post contract grants.
- Work with the grants and contracts team in the preparation of timely financial reports as required taking into consideration accuracy, excellence in reporting content and format.
- Provide support to the Sub granting team in the preparation of the sub grantee agreements, budgets, financial reporting templates and updating work plans.
- Support the grants team in maintaining a consistent hard copy / electronic filing structure and system for financial information and contracts related to post contract grants and sub grantees.
- To support the department in the monthly printing of timesheets, telephone, printing and utility bills for various projects ensuring timely verification and sign off before onward submission to the Finance and Administration (F&A) department for expensing.
- Respond to adhoc issues in post-contract management and sub granting. Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022:
- The applicants should be fresh graduates with Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Finance, Business Administration or Commerce or Humanities.
- Fresh Graduate with a maximum of one year of field experience
- Flexible, quick learner and has attention to detail.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of project planning, management and budget preparation processes.
- Good organizational skills including ability to track / monitor multiple projects simultaneously.
- Good interpersonal skills including strong verbal and written communication skills. High proficiency in the use of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to work in a proactive manner with little supervision.
- Confidentiality with ability to keep key sensitive information
- Keen attention to detail and a great
- Good team player
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2022
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in this position should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. Email your application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 7th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.