ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022 – 2 Fresher GBV Assistants
Job Title: 2 GBV Assistants – ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ALIGHT Uganda
Duty Station: Kyaka II, Uganda
Alight Uganda Profile
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Reporting to the GBV Officer, the GBV Assistant will support the GBV Officer to coordinate and monitor case management and psychosocial services, and ensure women and girls who are survivors of gender-based violence (GBV) receive quality services that are needed and desired. The GBV Assistant will also be responsible for training and supervising the GBV Case Workers, coordinating with humanitarian partners in the field and other ALIGHT programs, and for ensuring proper utilization of the referral pathway.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the GBV Officer, oversee, coordinate and monitor GBV response and Prevention activities in refugee settlements
- Monitor field work and support case workers to provide quality, timely and age-appropriate survivor-centered case management services and psychosocial support to all clients ensuring strict adherence to the GBV guiding principles (Safety and Security, Confidentiality, Respect and No Discrimination)
- Support case workers to Initiate, oversee and ensure proper use of the referral pathway in the provision of case management services.
- Lead weekly case review meetings with Case Workers and case conferencing meetings on as needed basis to troubleshoot more complex cases and ensure best support for the client.
- Advocate on behalf of clients with GBV service providers and other organizations to ensure effective referrals and increased access to services for clients in accordance with the survivors wishes.
- Set up and maintain client files and ensure all required documentation in individual case files is completed in a timely manner and according to confidentiality guidelines, GBV guiding principles and AIGHT standards.
- Oversee data collection through GBV Information Management System (GBVIMS) and activity M&E tools and systems, ensuring strict adherence to confidentiality and GBV best practice principles.
- Submit daily, weekly, and monthly comprehensive work plans and reports to the supervisor.
- Ensure all GBV incidents and clients accessing the services and make recommendations to improve service delivery.
- Carry out performance management evaluation (PME) and ensure PME documentation for direct reports is in place and followed up regularly.
- Collaborate with programme staff and operations to ensure that supplies are available for GBV activities in a timely manner and resources are available to support events, trainings, and workshops.
- Participate and represent GBV program in relevant committees, clusters, task forces, and zone level coordination meetings.
- Support the immediate supervisor to complete monthly cash projections, spend out plans and raise PRs for needed supplies.
- Update, organize and maintain all GBV electronic and hard-copy files.
- Provide continuous feedback to supervisor on any challenges in the work implementation to be addressed directly with corrective steps/measures if needed.
- Assist in the orientation of new staff by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation.
- Ensure compliance with AIGHT policies and protocols of confidentiality, respect and safety.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social work, Social Sciences, Community Psychology, Adult and Community Education and Development studies.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in working on SGBV issues with an INGO.
- Fluency in Swahili and ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid license (Class A) is an added advantage.
How To Apply for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
Deadline: May 8th 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
Get Email Job Updates
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- Graduate Trainee – Post bank
- Data Entry Clerk ICT (Transcript Processing) – UBTEB
- Communications Officer – International Rescue Commission
- Data Entry Clerk (Computer Programming) – UBTEB
- Counsellor – Makerere University Joint AIDS Program
- Data Entry Clerk (Network & Systems Administration) – UBTEB
- Assistant Officer ICT – UBTEB
- 20 Finance Assistants – FHI 360
- Revenue Accounting Graduate Trainee – Uganda Airlines
- Unilever Future Leaders Programme – Uganda
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (424)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,179)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (152)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (100)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (44)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (368)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (1)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (1)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (274)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (31)
- Career Advice (12)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (20)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (95)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (43)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (107)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (321)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (22)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (170)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (126)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (61)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (348)
- Entrepreneurship (2)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (65)
- Fashion Design Jobs (1)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (8)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (296)
- Finance Jobs (625)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (79)
- Freelancing Jobs (1)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (68)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (336)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (8)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (16)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (51)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (40)
- Hotel Jobs (17)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (209)
- Human Rights Jobs (27)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (447)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (79)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (20)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (471)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (107)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (111)
- Manufacturing Jobs (16)
- Marketing Jobs (143)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (62)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (434)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (127)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (237)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,442)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (610)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (23)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (7)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (36)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (20)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (200)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (290)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (12)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (46)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (79)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (109)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (316)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (215)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (62)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (97)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (15)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (28)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (138)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (270)
- UN jobs in Uganda (367)
- Uncategorized (309)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (82)