EDC Uganda Jobs 2022 – A’Level Logistics Assistant
Job Title: Logistics Assistant – EDC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Education Development Center (EDC)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Education Development Center (EDC) Profile:
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global non-profit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
The goal of the five-year, USAID-funded Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity is for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives. The ICYD Activity is expected to achieve the following:
- Children and youth have improved learning outcomes;
- Children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments; and
- Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships.
- This Activity will address the mutually reinforcing relationship between improving learning outcomes and improving wellbeing and employ a comprehensive approach that merges PEPFAR/Orphans and Vulnerable Children strategy’s strengths in acute vulnerability stabilization with education’s broad protective effects.
- The ICYD Activity shall contend with five main tasks to achieve the three stated objectives. 1. Build on the recent USAID early grade reading (EGR) support to the Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) and target districts. 2. Address primary school retention through a combination of family, community and school-based interventions that address known critical drivers of school dropout. 3. Provide critical OVC services directly for up to two years while building the capacity of local partners to transition to prime awards with USAID/Uganda. 4. Provide technical assistance and coordination to OVC service providers in service delivery districts. 5. Deliver effective technical assistance and support to the Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development (MGLSD), the MoES and other public/private institutions and organizations to progressively transition OVC service delivery and education improvement from donor support.
The Logistics Assistant (Hoima) will be responsible for full logistical support for the Hoima Zonal Office. She or he will support activities related to provision and distribution of Teaching and Learning Materials (TLMs), the effective and efficient management of trainings and workshops and will be the focal person for the management of assets, vehicle fleet, consumable supplies, and zonal office infrastructure maintenance and repair. The Logistics Assistant will report to the Hoima Senior Zone Manager with dotted-line reporting to the HQ Office Logistics Manager and HQ Office Operations Director.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides direct program support:
- Coordinates with Kampala headquarters and zonal office team in the efficient distribution and delivery of Teaching and Learning Materials (TLMs) and other inputs to schools and communities and other system recipients
- Provides logistics for training, including large scale training and workshops
- Manages logistics arrangements for high level and routine project activities, including transport, hotel bookings, conference and workshop facilities, supplies
- Ensures proper infrastructure management
- Assures maintenance and repair of all zonal office infrastructure including the following
- Electrical installations
- Plumbing and water installations including water reservoirs and water pump
- Exterior compound; and building walls, floors, ceilings, roof, windows
- Establishes and updates list of preferred vendors: electricians, plumbers, carpenters, masons, mechanics, groundskeepers and other craftspeople
- Supported by the Senior Zone Manager, supervises security guards, cleaners and any other personnel involved in the upkeep and security of zonal office infrastructure and assets
- Ensures that the zonal office is organized so as to increase efficiency, give the best appearance and to enhance the working environment of staff
- Manages drivers and vehicles
- Supported by the Senior Zonal Manager, establishes and implements systems and procedures for the management of:
- Driver and vehicle schedules
- Vehicle rental
- Vehicle logbooks including fuel record
- Maintenance and repairs of vehicles
- Vehicle inspections
- Monthly vehicle usage reports
- Up to date vehicle registration and insurance
- Complete and up to date vehicle files at all times
- Security and safety of vehicles and passengers
- Fixed assets and inventory management
- Assures maintenance and repair of all fixed assets
- Ensures system is in place for tracking all fixed assets
- Organizes and oversees bi-annual physical inventory of all fixed assets
- Updates fixed assets database as and when changes take place
- Issues fixed assets reports on at least semi-annual basis or upon request
- Issues fixed assets to custodians, collect documentation of issuance, and submit documentation as required
- Maintains accurate stock cards for every item in stores
- Issues inventory such as Teaching and Learning Materials (TLM) against approved stock requisition forms
- Records all dispatches in stock card and issues accompanying waybills; follows up to ensure deliveries are made to the intended destination/beneficiary and proof provided
- Produces monthly stock reports and reports any discrepancies immediately to the Senior Zonal Manager
- Maintains disposition and damaged inventory list
- Arranges for disposal of assets when necessary following USAID regulations
- Procurement management within the approved threshold
- Generates and places purchase orders, and maintains required proof of delivery documentation for orders as necessary
- Works with customers (such as technical teams), vendors, and administration/finance offices as needed to provide quality assurance on purchasing transactions
- Maintains proper documentation to verify that all procurements comply with USAID and EDC rules and regulations
- Reviews invoice payments from vendors and compares them to the terms of the purchase order or contract to ensure vendor invoices are accurate before submitting for payment
- Provides support to ensure that procurement practices are in compliance with the project’s Policy and Procedures Manual and USAID rules and regulations
- Works with suppliers to confirm receipt and status update of orders, investigates price/quantity discrepancies, coordinates the replacement, credit, and return of unsatisfactory deliveries; ensures completion of the procure-to-pay cycle; and escalates issues when needed
- Supports the preparation of the zonal annual procurement plan with support from the Senior Zonal Manager, finance, and technical staff
- Coordinates the development of the local vendor list
- Supports project budget revisions by providing estimated pricing for goods and services
- Liaises with and supports Kampala headquarters Logistics Manager as necessary for all the above functions
- Undertakes other associated tasks and duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Secondary education is required. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in a relevant field preferred.
- At least 2 to 3 years’ successful experience in a similar position
- Excellent skills in MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with staff at all levels in the organization.
- Experience working with USAID and PEPFAR funded projects will be an advantage.
- Must be proactive, able to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure.
- Fluency in English is required.
How To Apply for EDC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 19th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.