Job Title: Malaria Reduction Research Assistant – QED Group Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: QED Group LLC
Location: Kampala, Uganda
QED Group LLC Profile:
QED Group LLC is a global consulting firm with more than 20 years of experience providing data-driven and insightful solutions in close to 100 countries. We are passionate about transforming lives through knowledge-based solutions. Leveraging deep expertise in monitoring, evaluation, global health, and learning, we help our clients collect, analyze, visualize, and ultimately use data in more effective ways. Our work maximizes results through the use of cutting-edge technologies and innovation, organizational development, and evidence-based decision-making.
About the Project:
The purpose of the PMI Uganda Malaria Reduction Activity (Malaria Reduction Activity) contract is to enhance the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of malaria in Uganda, and contribute to the goals of the Uganda Malaria Reduction and Elimination Strategic Plan 2021-2025 of reducing malaria morbidity by 50 percent and malaria-related mortality by 75 percent by 2025. PMI aims to contribute to these goals by strengthening the capacity of malaria prevention and ownership of health at the community and household levels while maintaining gains made at the health facility level in focus districts. Previous and current malaria programs have strengthened national, district, and health facility level strategy and technical capacities, but have not fully realized community and household prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of malaria.
The USAID Uganda Learning Activity (ULA) conducted the initial baseline assessment for this Activity in 2020. Since then, there have been changes to the malaria landscape in Uganda. Additionally, five indicators were not assessed during the baseline because districts included for implementation were unknown. Due to these factors, ULA will conduct an updated baseline assessment for the Malaria Reduction Activity.
The short-term Malaria Reduction Research Assistant will support the Malaria Reduction activity to collect and aggregate data, contributing to high-quality deliverables.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete field data collection activities, including key information interviews and/or discussion to understand the status of interventions on strengthening malaria technical leadership, governance, and policy making
- Transcribe data collection forms
- Analyze data
- Collaborate closely with the ULA Team, STTA, and other key stakeholders
- In brief meeting(s)
- Inception report
- Debriefing presentation
- Oral presentations covering major findings, conclusions, recommendations, and key lessons learned
- Draft baseline assessment report
- Final supplemental baseline report
- Updates tables and visuals for indications collected
- High School Degree
- Experience conducting data collection; 2-5 years preferred
- Experience in note taking and transcribing interview transcripts
- Demonstrated ability to work with a highly skilled and interdisciplinary team
- Self-driven with the competence to prioritize and manage a variety of activities in a timely manner to meet competing deadlines
- Knowledgeable in current practices, trends, and information affecting the business
- Place of Performance
- The Malaria Reduction Research Assistant will work in our Kampala, Uganda with potential occasional travel to other parts of Uganda as need
How To Apply for QED Group Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates who wish to join QED Group, LLC in this capacity should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.