Job Title: Filing Assistant – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
The Filing Assistant is normally supervised by a more senior staff within the same Unit or in Protection or Operations Data Management Sections.
Subject to the nature of the task/assignment, he/she will work independently on routine tasks, and will request and follow instructions of the supervisor for more complex issues. Contacts are mainly with the colleagues in the same duty station. External contacts are limited to answering queries from other UNHCR offices and seeking information on individual case from other UNHCR offices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Track incoming/outgoing files in the system and keep in the filing room when not in use by staff, in line with SOPs.
- File correspondence/documents in the physical file and enter data in the database.
- Ensure that an orderly and systematic filing system is maintained in the filing room (active and closed) for efficient and timely retrieval of files.
- Ensure that the File tracking system is properly used by all staff in the office and that file movement within the office and between users is properly recorded in the system.
- Ensure that the data which are mainly related to asylum seekers, refugees and persons of concern to UNHCR are correctly entered into the computer database and filed in the physical individual file.
- Receive, record and forward incoming correspondence and manage its proper distribution to the responsible officers.
- Draft routine correspondence and respond to queries relating to area of responsibility.
- May be required to assist the protection and refugee status determination unit with maintaining and updating the interview schedule as well as communicating with applicant regarding their scheduled appointment.
- Ensure the general maintenance and smooth running of the filing room, i.e. physical arrangement, cleanliness and security.
- May be required to provide clerical and administrative support by stocking and supplying stationery, receive and dispatch of external and internal office pouches and handle all official documentation.
- Make recommendations relating to the organization of the filing system.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Filing Assistant job placement should hold a For G4 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position would be an asset.
- IT-Computer Literacy mandatory
- Fluency in English
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning and Organizing
- Technological Awareness
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 19th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.