Job Title: 10 Data Clerks – MJAP Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: District Data Officer
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) Profile:
Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP) was established in 2004 and is registered as a privatenot-for profit Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) of Makerere University. MJAP’s mission is to build partnerships and strengthen health systems to optimally respond to HIV/AIDS, TB, Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and other diseases of public health importance in Africa.
The Data Clerk will work closely with the facility medical records assistant to ensure that patients’ records are captured accurately and HMIS reports are compiled and submitted in the DHIS2 and MJAP Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning reporting systems on time.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the facility records officers and where necessary health sub-district records officers and district HMIS focal persons and Biostatisticians to quantify the HMIS and non-HMIS tools needed to ensure sustained data collection at the health facility.
- Engage with the records officers to ensure that best practices of medical records storage and management are implemented.
- Ensure that data on additional indicators outside of the DHIS2 reporting system are collected in time and submitted to the Data Officers.
- Work closely with the facility records officers to mentor and coach other health workers on appropriate use of HMIS data collection tools for data capture.
- Prepare data displays (including annual targets) of facility data and ensure they are displayed at health facilities routinely.
- Support the records officer to ensure HMIS tools are updated in time.
- Work with records officer to ensure proper filing and file retrieval during patient care and updated patient records in Uganda EMR (OpenMRS).
- Work with records officer to ensure that HIV care data captured on patient forms during patient visits is transcribed to pre-ART and ART registers and updated in the Uganda EMR (Open MRS) on time.
- Work with the health facility records officer to prepare HMIS reports and submit them in DHIS2 in time.
- Participate in HIBRID and extra indicators (outside DHIS2) data entry at cluster level.
- Compile weekly, monthly and quarterly supplementary data not reported in DHIS2 and submit it to the MJAP Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning unit on time.
- Ensure that confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained at all times in proper filling and archival systems.
- Ensure that the entered data are backed up regularly and the data are well protected.
- Ensure safety of all equipment in the data room.
- Perform basic data analysis on data from HMIS data to inform MJAP cluster-based teams on the progress of interventions at the supported facility.
- The applicant must hold a degree in records and archives management, Medical records, Information Technology, Quantitative Economics or any other related field from a reputable institute.
- One year of experience in data management or demonstrated relevant experience acquired through internship placement.
- Familiarity with use of Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Health Management Information System (HMIS).
- Previous experience with PEPFAR funded programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High level of flexibility
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work under minimal supervision.
How To Apply for MJAP Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and qualified candidates should apply via the email below and submit their cover letters, a detailed curriculum vita and copies of relevant academic documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to; The Human Resource Manager, Makerere University Joint AIDS Program (MJAP).
The Application letter, CV and certificates be attached as one document; and should not exceed 5 MB.
NB: MJAP is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process. MJAP is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce
Closing Date: 22nd May 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.