ACTED Uganda Jobs 2022 – Transport Assistant
Job Title: Transport Assistant – ACTED Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ACTED Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Salary Range: UGX 1.8 – 2.5 Million Gross Pay Per Month
ACTED Uganda Profile
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination. ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 38 countries worldwide. ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion.
Under the supervision of the Senior Logistics Officer, the Transport Assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day operational support of the logistics department in ACTED’s Capital Office based in Kampala to support in Fleet, Procurement, Assets, Property Management and Stock/Warehouse activities.
The Transport Assistant will be expected to ably support in various aspects of the logistics department from time to time, and be aware of the procedures for all aspects of logistics operations in line with the ACTED Logistics manual.
The transport Assistant will be based in Kampala, with frequent travel between other mission bases when needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Planning movements and scheduling of drivers.
- Transport ACTED staff and/or materials within all the cities and districts in which ACTED is operating (including night-time and days off to make trips) and bear security/safety responsibility of the passengers on board.
- Complete the logbook with the display meter mileage requesting passengers to fill in and sign it for every trip.
- Update the movement board at the office regularly to show his movements during each day of the week.
- Submit fuel card top-up order/request one week in advance to Logistics for processing.
- Submit accurate fuel consumption reports and logbooks to Logistics at the end of the month for checking and approval.
- Maintain ACTED’s vehicle in a good condition, reporting any defects to the Logistics department immediately.
- Follow ACTED’s rules in case of incident as per described in Accident Forms.
- Monitor monthly fuel consumption and rental expenditure.
- Support to ensure that ACTED fleet and fuel management guidelines are applied in the mission at all times: logbooks, registration and maintenance sheets, fuel slips, fuel bills, standard consumption rates, etc.
- Support to ensure that security and safety guidelines are applied for every vehicle in use, and for any movement.
- Support the monthly physical inventory of fleet and update related tools accordingly.
- Support fleet reviews and fleet prospects (market surveys, fleet analysis, etc.)
- Arrange regular preventative maintenance according to the manufacturer’s recommendations (Regular service check for ACTED owned vehicles)
- Prepare Motorized Asset Maintenance Checklist and Maintenance Order & Completion Forms arrange maintenance, according to the vehicle’s warranty, terms of the rental contract, or with an approved garage.
- Prepare and check all documentation related for fleet management (fuel slips, logbooks, Order Forms and Purchase Orders)
- Create and maintain a folder for Motorized Assets Follow-Up and update the report on monthly basis sharing needed information to complete the carbon foot print report with the Senior Logistics Officer.
- Prepare Stock Reception Forms and Stock Cards upon receipt of deliveries at the ACTED Capital Office in Kampala, as well as Packing Lists, Waybills and Stock-Exits as needed.
- With the Logistics Assistant, he/she will carry out monthly Inventory and forecast bulk-stock requirements for stationary, kitchen supplies, and other office equipment.
- Ensure to have an up-to-date Inventory report for all Supplies in the office.
- Contribute to the proper state of the warehouse by following ACTED’s policies and guarantee its maintenance. All commodities and goods must be well organized in the stores.
- Supervise the reception of items and ensure the delivery follows the contractual terms agreed with the supplier (verification of quantities, quality check based on the sample acceptance, etc.).
- Support on the delivery of store items to ACTED staff in the office. He/she will receive the request, prepare the materials and ensure staff signs the “Daily stock request”.
- Support on the delivery of store items to staff travelling to the field. He/she will receive the request, prepare the items one day before the trip and ensure staff signs the “Daily stock request”.
- Receive the items brought from the field visit: verifying condition of the items, counting remaining quantities and properly documenting the entrance in the store.
- Ensure timely payment of monthly running cost. He/she will be responsible of preparing the order form and purchase order, compile the supporting documents, follow up on the reception of the invoice and, if needed, preparing memos.
- In accordance with ACTED’s procurement procedures, contribute to the procurement process of items or services purchased in Uganda mission under scenarios A, B or C under the direct supervision of the Senior Logistics officer
Filing and Digitalization
- Create separate folders for each reporting documents/per month in addition to file 100% of hard-copy documentation for each procurement
- For procurement under his/her direct responsibility, ensure soft copies of 100% of all documents produced in the Capital Office are electronically filed in the correct location on ACTED’s Logistics Server
- Follow-up on transmission of original and soft-copy documentation to Compliance according for defined timelines and audit schedules
- Support the efficient filing and archiving/scanning of Logistics documentation (procurement, fleet and fuel and stock) as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (tender documents, contracts, quotations, etc.) and under the supervision of the Logistics Assistant.
- To create, label and update the Logistics folders regularly and ensure all the documents are collected and archived following ACTED’s manual.
- Provide clerical support to the Logistics department: photocopying and/or scanning documents when needed.
Reporting requested in Summary:
- Register 100% of new orders on the Capital Order Form follow up and record the progress of each procurement until the completed file is transferred to Finance for payment.
- Send the OFFU to the Capital logistics Officer on weekly basses and when requested.
- Preparing the Other Property Follow-Up report each month for the office
- Preparing the Monthly Stock Inventory Report
- Preparing the Transport Follow-Up report each month.
- Update the Supplier Database when needed and as per request from the Senior Logistics Officer
- Promoting and adhering to the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual workers et al)
Minimum Qualifications for ACTED Uganda Jobs 2022
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain & Transport Management or any other related field
- At least three years’ experience working in a reputable organization in the role of Transport assistant. INGO experience is an added advantage
- Advanced knowledge of logistics, stores management systems
- Valid driving license.
- Knowledge of routine vehicle maintenance and repairs
- Exceptional communication skills both oral and written with good command of the English language
- Organizational skills including but not limited to prioritizing, time management, tidiness and order
- Conversant with use of MS packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Flexibility to attend to large volumes work, move across different ACTED operational locations
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Team player with ability to work with and through people of diverse culture, background
How To Apply for ACTED Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified Uganda Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com with the subject line: Application For Project Assistant– UGANDA accompanied with:
- Curriculum Vitae (Maximum 03 Pages)
- Cover Letter (Maximum 01 Page)
- Cover Letter and CV must be shared as a single PDF document i.e with the Cover Letter being on the first page and CV starting on the next page, detailing 03 work referees and their day time contacts. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your application. If required they will be requested at a later stage.
- Applications failing to respect the criteria above will not be considered.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 22nd May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.