Job Title: Office Cleaner – NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Arua (Imvepi)
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
The Cleaner is responsible for cleaning offices, meeting rooms, washrooms/WC, kitchen and other common areas such as the compound. The Cleaner will provide other general support as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Clean the offices, meeting rooms, washrooms/WC, kitchen and other common areas such as the compound
- Ensure compliance with NRC procedures and policies
- Ensure that washrooms are properly stocked with wash requirements
- Dust and polish furniture, windows, doors and equipment
- Empty waste paper baskets, dustbins and shredding machines
- Prepare and serve tea and coffee to NRC staff and visitors
- Report any relevant gaps, damages and breakages to line manager
- Support the administration with ad hoc duties
- Clean all offices, the kitchen, other rooms and the compound within the office premises.
- Ensure there is enough water for use in the office kitchen and washrooms.
- Support the Logistics Coordinator to monitor the stock of office supplies and report any deficiencies.
- Make timely request for Office Supplies and ensure proper accountability for their consumption
- Support staff to ensure there is hot water available for tea at any time
- Support staff to prepare meal as may be requested
- Dusting the office and cobwebbing each room to make it convenient for use.
- Ensure that all the washrooms are well stocked with the necessary supplies.
- Perform any other roles as may be assigned by the Supervisor
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Imvepi Office staff
- Logistics team
Minimum Qualifications for NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Competencies are important for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working as a Cleaner in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own skills/profile
Context related skills, knowledge, and experience (shall be adapted to the specific position):
- A’Level Certificate, Higher academic qualification will be added advantage
- Two years’ experience working as an Office Cleaner in a humanitarian set up
- INGO experience will be added advantage
- Computer skills will be added advantage
- Good spoken and written English is essential.
2. Behavioural competencies (max 6)
- Planning and delivering results
- Working well with people
- Handling insecure environments
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The individual Work- and Professional Development Plan
- The Competency Framework
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 16th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.