Job Title: Disaster Preparedness and Response Assistant – DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Zombo
Reports to: DPR – Officer
DanChurchAid (DCA) Profile:
Working under the supervision of the DPR Officer, the DPR Assistant will take active part in the implementation of the ECHO funded project that aims to invigorate, further develop, and manage disaster preparedness and response activities to reduce the impact of sudden epidemics, refugee influx or natural disasters and secure a quick and efficient local first response. Support first responders such as District Disaster Management Committees, Sub County Disaster Management Committees, volunteers, VHTs, local NGOs and other local resources in Zombo District which is the key area of implementation. Work closely and coordinate with the local responders and other key stake holders such as Disaster Management Committees, Office of the Prime Minister, DPR platforms and District local government offices and institutions at district level, securing a strong link to the first responders.
Roles and responsibilities:
Project Implementation and Management
- Ensure community mobilization and sensitization of beneficiaries is conducted in an organized manner and beneficiary profiles updated into the database as per DCA guidelines.
- Work closely with community leaders, government structures during registration and verification of beneficiaries ensuring the laid-out selection criteria is carefully followed.
- Attend workshops on disaster preparedness and response coordination meetings organized by DCA, government and other partners at the district and subcounty whenever required.
- Participate in the capacity building of implementing partners on the intervention sectors such as Cash transfer activities, protection activities, accountability mechanisms, among others.
- Participate in distribution of project inputs e.g., disaster related IEC materials to the target groups to create awareness on disaster preparedness.
- Coordinate with community, government structures and other NGOs during implementation of disaster preparedness activities (Sub County leaders, block leaders, camp commandants, Refugee welfare council.
- Ensure implementation of project activities according to work plan and share project progress Reports with the project Officer.
- Compile monthly and quarterly progress reports and share with the Project Officer.
- Organizing and facilitating workshops to ensure that lessons learnt and good practice from disaster management in the region are compiled and used to improve future planning, programming, and implementation.
- Participate in regular staff meetings.
- Ensure, in liaison with Project Manager that he/she operate in a secure environment and comply with security procedures and policies.
- Ensure optimal use of human resources, including promotion of teamwork and securing adequate training of staff and promotion of talented staff.
Reporting and Accountability
- Maintain an open dialogue with the beneficiaries to promote transparency and accountability including contributing to and implementing the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
- Identify, document, and disseminate best practices gained from DPR interventions in the areas of operation.
- Share responsibility to maintain refugee community participation mechanisms in the camp, ensuring that the voices of men, women, boys and girls and groups with specific needs are heard and represented.
Representation and Coordination
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with DCA staff, national and local authorities, international and national organizations as well as technical focal points in food security and Markets development, coordinate all planned projects with other implementing partners (IPs), OPM, and donors to ensure consistency with cluster priorities.
- Represent DCA in relevant forums e.g., clusters, coordination structures with OPM, donors and NGOs in agreement with the project manager.
- A bachelor’s degree in disaster management, Development studies or a related Social Sciences. A post graduate qualification in related field is an added advantage.
- 3 years of work experience with at least one-year in disaster preparedness with an INGO / NGO.
- Experience in coordinating with local community structures and working with partners is desirable.
- Must be flexible and willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- Very good communication, report writing skills and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of local language will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a valid riding permit.
How To Apply for DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the DanChurchAid (DCA) should apply online through the link below.
Closing Date: 27th May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.