MSH Uganda Jobs 2022 – Operation Specialist
Job Title: Operation Specialist – MSH Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Profile
The new Uganda Strengthening Supply Chain Systems (SSCS) Technical Assistance Activity supports self-sustaining, responsive, uninterrupted, accountable delivery of quality-assured medicines and supplies to public and NGO health facilities. It will improve the performance of key actors all along the supply chain; advance transparent governance and effective, data-informed policies and regulations; and strengthen local capacities to accelerate Uganda’s progress on its Journey to Self-Reliance. SSCS will provide technical assistance to all USG Implementing Partners (USAID, CDC, and DOD) operating at the subnational level and deliver other assistance to improve the capacity of district health offices, health facilities, and medical stores. This project will strengthen the health system to more effectively combat infectious and non-communicable diseases and improve health services and outcomes for all of Uganda’s families and communities.
The Operation Specialist is responsible for Managing general office, Asset Management, Stores Management and logistical support to office. S/he has primary responsibility of ensuring that office assets are tagged, and tracked in the asset register, monitoring and control of asset movement from store to users and regions, maintenance and repairs and asset verification as per the MSH policy. Ensure that administrative operations are functioning efficiently and effectively and are aligned to support attainment of project results and client expectation. Supports general operations activities and day to day management of office operations equipment to ensure proper functionality. Also takes care of general office hygiene in line with MSH standards and procedures. S/he ensures administrative and program support are conducted according to MSH policy, standard operating procedures, donor regulations and good business practices and that tasks are completed with high quality and integrity standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Assets Management (60%)
- Timely Recording of all Inventory on the smartsheet.
- Plan and conduct timely repairs for all assets
- Ensure all inventory is secured Maintain Project assets and inventory register. ensuring new items details are recorded, tagged and register updated with movement of the respective items but also ensuring maintenance/repairs, safety and security in accordance with MSH and donor regulations
- File and follow up on insurance claims until settlement, working with Insurance brokers and or insurance companies
2. Stores Management (20%)
- Monitors the movement of assets from the store to users and the MSH regional offices, ensuring regular update of the asset register.
- Ensure availability and well updated records in regard to of asset movement.
- Ensure regular asset verification
- Provide regular status reports on company asset.
- Take custody and arrange the availability of audio-visual equipment, displays and other meeting needs
3. Office Management (20%)
- Ensure offices and facilities are safe and that working environment is clean and conducive.
- Ensure that appropriate safety and security precautions are in place in MSH offices and vehicles.
- Coordinate field travel logistics such as transportation and accommodation for staff and participants, facilities, catering, stationery and other special needs requirements working with Administrative Officer.
- Conduct regular inspection of the generator to ensure consumables at all times as well as reporting malfunctioned cases to the supervisor.
- Ensure that office windows, doors and all accesses are securely closed daily after close of business.
- Verify delivered items in line with Purchase Order quantities and quality (specifications) working with the respective purchasers and respective technical persons
- Provide support for office opening and closing working with supervisor.
- Ensure that all equipment and supplies leaving the office for any other destination have approved gate passes and are appropriately recorded.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or related fields.
- At least 3-4 years of relevant administrative experience in supporting teams of professionals.
- Strong administrative, organizational and interpersonal skills, able to work well under pressure.
Required Minimum experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing office Operations, Asset management, and Office security
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail, quality and remaining calm under pressure.
- Knowledge of donor regulations preferred and ability to work independently, take initiative and learn complex procedures.
- Good asset management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse clients and stakeholders.
- Computer skills in word processing, database, presentation, and spreadsheet applications; Microsoft Office preferred, along with ability to learn new software packages.
- Commitment to uphold high standards of moral and ethical business practices
How To Apply for MSH Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.