Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher IT Support Officer
Job Title: IT Support Officer – Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Habitat for Humanity
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Habitat for Humanity Profile:
Habitat for Humanity Uganda (HFHU) is affiliated to Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) headquartered in Atlanta – Georgia (U.S.A); and is an ecumenical Christian ministry that is dedicated to eliminating poverty housing. HFHU functionally reports to HFHI’s Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Area Office in Pretoria – South Africa. Over the last 10 years, Habitat for Humanity Uganda has rehabilitated and constructed over 24,000 houses, transforming over 144,000 lives across the country. Our country program has 5 field offices located in Kumi, Mayuge, Lugazi, Luweero, and Fort portal.
The role of this position is to provide overall IT support to the National Office. In addition, contribute to the development of standard operating procedures and forms for ICT and ensure that they are consistently applied.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support in management and maintenance of HFHU ICT infrastructure including LANs and WANs, Wi-Fi, networks, computers, laptops and servers across the organization.
- Provide support in the design of an effective ICT for the organization following trends in the industry.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to ICT policies and procedures.
- Execute the operational plans for the ICT systems and manage inventory of all assets.
- Ensure user access to applications and systems and resolve network failures in a timely manner.
- Provide first level support to users for IT related problems, record all incidents and follow them up to resolution.
- Review applications in conjunction with users to determine enhancements or new systems.
- Monitor the services provided by external suppliers in liaison with the Procurement & Logistics Assistant to ensure that high levels of service are received and maintained as per agreed standards.
- Manage the formalized training program for all users with the aim of raising skills standards and awareness in the use of ICT applications.
- Prepare periodic reports in line with the organization’s reporting guidelines to management.
- Any other duties assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Minimum Qualifications for Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2022:
- The ideal applicant must hold at least a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in ICT, or Computer Science
- Should have an industry Certification from either CISCO, Microsoft, or Oracle.
- At least two years of working experience in a reputable organization.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Dynamics will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with Office365 with specific skills in SharePoint and OneDrive.
- Networking design and operations principles, system integration requirements and procedures
- Knowledge on Installation, configuration and troubleshooting for operating systems, computer office suites, e-mail and inter/intranet.
- Knowledgeable in website management.
- Virus protection software and identifying, addressing and removing viruses.
- Should be result-oriented, self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- High level of integrity and demonstrate team work
How To Apply for Habitat for Humanity Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should applicants should submit copies of: Cover letter and CV ONLY as one document to email@example.com. Clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line
Deadline: Tuesday 31st May 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.