Reach Out Mbuya Jobs 2022 – Fresher Internal Auditor
Job Title: Internal Auditor – Reach Out Mbuya Jobs 2022
Organization: Reach Out Mbuya
Duty Station: ROM Head Office Mbuya
Reports to: Board Finance, Risk and Audit Committee & Administratively to the Executive Director
Start date: Not later than 30th June 2022
Reach Out Mbuya Profile
Reach Out Mbuya Community Health Initiative formerly known as Reach Out Mbuya Parish HIV/AIDS Initiative (ROM) is a community-based non-governmental organization working with the urban and rural poor communities currently in 6 districts and ready to expand further. ROM provides a unique model of care to People Living with HIV and where necessary their families; taking care of the medical, social, emotional, and economical aspects of their lives to foster dignified living.
The program initiated in May 2001 at Our Lady of Africa Mbuya Catholic Parish to address the AIDS scourge in the slum communities of the Parish has since experienced rapid growth scaling up further beyond the parish jurisdiction. Starting with 14 HIV+ clients in 2001, currently ≥7000 are served annually.
The objective of the internal audit function is to provide an independent, objective assurance adding value and improving ROM operations. It is intended to help ROM accomplish her objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. This objective is achieved by examining, evaluating and reporting on the adequacy of the ROM’s control environment via several individual audit assignments. Based on this work, advice and recommendations will be made where necessary, as to how procedures can be improved to manage the risks faced in achieving ROM’s objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Governance, Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Assess and make appropriate recommendations for improving the governance processes, risk management and internal control systems at ROM.
- Support the Internal Audit function in fostering an appropriate ethical climate within the organization.
- Support a culture of fraud risk awareness at all levels of the organization.
Understanding the Objectives of ROM
- Develop a thorough understanding of the values of ROM, the relevant risks to achieving its operational goals and the related internal control activities.
- Understand the strategic risks to the organization’s control environment and governance processes.
Audit Engagement Planning
- Develop and draft engagement plans considering the objectives of the activity under audit, the key risks it faces, the controls responding to those risks and any opportunities for improvement in performance.
- Ensure that every audit engagement has clear objectives, and the established audit scope is sufficient to achieve the objectives of the audit engagements.
- Determine the appropriate and sufficient resources to achieve engagement objectives based on an evaluation of the nature and complexity of each engagement, time constraints, and available resources.
Audit Engagement Execution
- Conduct audits exercises for ROM as informed by the risk based internal audit plan.
- Identify sufficient, reliable, relevant, and useful information to achieve the audit engagement’s identified objectives.
- Perform appropriate analysis, evaluation and documentation to obtain sufficient, reliable, relevant, and useful information to support the conclusions and engagement results.
- Analyze the financial, operational and management processes and system control effectiveness and efficiency with a view to improvement and propose value adding recommendations.
- Evaluate the adequacy of risk management and internal control framework in meeting the operational and control objectives of ROM.
- Assess and report on the conformity of operations and processes to applicable laws and current policies and international best practice.
- Regularly follow‐up on engagement findings and Management’s implementation of recommendations adopted by the Finance, Audit and Risk (FAR) Committee.
- Carry out post audit survey on every audit engagement to obtain feedback from the respective departments.
- Draft internal audit reports for review in conformity with the requirements of ISPPIA (International Standards on the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing). Submit the quarterly Internal Audit Reports to the Finance, Audit and Risk (FAR) Committee within the required timeline.
- Take initiative in enhancing and retaining the skills and competences necessary to deliver on the mandate of the position.
- Take initiative in achieving the required Continuous Professional Development hours (CPDs) annually with the relevant professional bodies.
- Professional Accounting/Auditing qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA, ICSA etc) with membership to the Institute of Internal Auditors Uganda an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role with fair knowledge of grants and project management.
- Fair knowledge and use of accounting software (e.g. Quick Books)
- Good analytical and synthesis skills.
- Objective thinking with attention to detail is imperative.
- Organized and timely reporting with minimal supervision.
How To Apply for Reach Out Mbuya Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Friday, 27th May 2022 at 5:00 PM (EAT)
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.