SPOUTS Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Operations Assistant (Clean Energy Initiative)
Job Title: Operations Assistant (Clean Energy Initiative) – SPOUTS Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: SPOUTS Head Office, John Kiyingi Road, Nsambya, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager – CEI
Special conditions: Some travel will be required between the SPOUTS head office, the factory at Nakawuka and other parts of Uganda in response to the demands of the business development program
SPOUTS of Water Ltd is a social venture that locally manufactures and distributes effective ceramic water filters to improve the access to clean drinking water sustainably in Uganda. In addition, we locally manufacture free hand-washing stations to improve access to hygiene. Our mission is to provide clean drinking water and hygiene services to all East Africans. We currently sell multiple water filter products under the brand name “Purifaaya”. The Purifaaya provides financial, social, and health benefits for its customers in addition to environmental benefits.
To support the work of the Operations Department in CEI. The Operations Assistant provides operational and administrative assistance to the operations manager by performing a variety of administrative, information management, coordination, stock control and logistical services.
Roles and responsibilities:
Assist in the management of CEI Operations.
- Responsible for receiving, storing and issuing stock as requisitioned for by the respective regional associates through the Field Manager as prescribed in the inventory control policy manual
- Support in planning and movement of stock and other materials between different store locations and assist with loading and unloading from delivery trucks.
- Ensure that the correct processes are followed during inventory management.
- Filing of the supporting documents when it comes to accountability and movement of stock.
- Follow up on the accountability receipts for all the store operational costs.
- Promptly report damaged or missing inventory to supervisors.
- Carry out periodic stock counts.
- Track the movement of stock among all the areas of operation.
- Report on stock position daily, weekly, monthly and as may be required.
- Monitor stock utilisation at all levels to minimise any wastages and coordinate with program associates for all stock deliveries.
Finance and administrative responsibilities
- Support the operations manager in the preparation of monthly budgets on planned activities.
- Support in the preparation of commission reports on the approved stove installations with finance to process payments.
- Prepare weekly payment and purchase requisitions matching budgeted activities.
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain agenda.
- Keep updated records and create reports for proposals
- Support in the importation of materials into the country.
- Support and coordinate different training sessions with the field and office teams to ensure a full understanding of the program.
- Support in the preparation of training manuals for the program.
- Any other duties as shall be assigned by the relevant supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for SPOUTS Uganda Jobs 2022
- At least two years of experience relevant to the work of an operations assistant will highly be regarded.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or relevant field
- High level of competence in spoken and written English language skills.
- Competence in spoken Luganda language an advantage but not essential.
- Able and willing to do physical lifting and loading of CEI products and items as part of the inventory management process.
- Ability to follow guidelines and procedures.
- Attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to reconcile stock counts to report data.
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Proven ability to coordinate processes and prioritise workload in an environment of multiple demands
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of SPOUTS.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and basic databases, preferably in a work environment
- Works well in a multi-functional and multi-cultural team
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to mentoring and training staff to maximize individual and organization goals.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Proven experience in operations management and development procedures.
- Proven experience in budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
How To Apply for SPOUTS Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates should send their application letters (with salary expectations), updated CVs and relevant academic documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Remember to attach your salary expectations
Closing Date: 31st May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.