ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Reception Center Assistant
Job Title: Reception Center Assistant – ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: ALIGHT Uganda
Duty Station: Rwamwanja, Uganda
Alight Uganda Profile
ALIGHT, formerly the American Refugee Committee (ARC), is an international nonprofit, nonsectarian organization that has provided humanitarian assistance and training to millions of beneficiaries over the last 40 years. In 2011, Alight helped nearly 2.5 million people get essential services to regain their health and take back control of their lives. Alight works with its partners and constituencies to provide opportunities and expertise to communities of refugees and internally displaced persons in seven countries in Africa, Asia and Europe, including Iraq, Kosovo, and in the Darfur region of Sudan and is currently providing for emergency relief and recovery in Haiti. Alight provides shelter, clean water and sanitation, health care, skills training, microcredit education, protection to help survivors of war and natural disasters to rebuild their lives with dignity, health care, security and self-sufficiency.
Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting Reception Center Assistant for our program in Uganda to be based at Rwamwanja Office You’re interested in joining us? Welcome, we’re happy you’re here!
If you join us, you will find…
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers –as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting to the Senior Protetction Manager, the Reception Center Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of effective general management of Transit and Reception Center activities in line with overall ALIGHT programming. He/she will be responsible for conducting a range of activities, including information provision, regular protection and assistance interventions to ensure that new arrivals, asylum seekers and protection cases at the reception center access and enjoy their rights.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the hot meal preparation and provision at reception center level is done effectively.
- Regularly check the Reception Centre to ensure that there is enough space for accommodation for POCs.
- Coordinate with protection staff of ALIGHT, OPM and UNHCR in explaining to the new arrivals the process of relocation to settlements.
- Liaise with ALIGH protection and Community Service staff to provide special attention to UAM/SCs and persons with specific needs (PSNs) such as Disabled and elderly persons.
- Coordinate with ALIGHT / other Partner Protection /Community service staff for the receipt of the relocated Persons of Concern at Reception /Settlement, especially PSNs.
- Record and share the relocation Information actual and against target for onward submission.
- Coordinate with ALIGHTC, OPM and UNHCR staff to assist the new arrivals to Board BUSES/TRUCKS by calling their names and checking their presence as per the relocation list.
- Supervise Casual workers especially those assisting in Loading of Luggage and Shelter Pole distribution.
- Prepare timely activity, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Contribute to project planning, development of proposals and lessons learned processes.
- Prepare and submit weekly action plan to the supervisor.
- Adhere to the ALIGHT code of conduct.
Perform any other duties assigned to you.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Arts and Development studies from recognized Institution.
- At least two years’ experience in a similar or relevant role.
- Experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Computer skills.
- Good organizational and people management skills.
- Strong knowledge of the local population and language.
- Fluency in Swahili is added advantage.
- Ability to ride a Motorcycle with a Valid License (Class A) is a MUST.
How To Apply for ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
Deadline: 30th May 2022 at 5: 00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.