Malteser International Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Project Assistant
Job Title: Project Assistant – Malteser International Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Malteser International
Duty Station: Uganda
Malteser International Uganda Profile:
Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International (MI) has been working in Uganda since 1996, with projects in several regions of the country. In Northern Uganda and more specifically in the West Nile region, MI is currently active in the sectors of WASH, livelihood and environment for improving the lives of both the refugee population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water and sanitation. Livelihood and environment components complement the approach. In the capital Kampala Malteser International’s focus lies on the health sector with the development of an operative ambulance system, an improved care for physiotherapy patients and the support of an initiative for mothers of disabled children.
As the Project Assistant, you will be responsible for gathering data and ensuring accurate entry, maintaining data, and following up and reporting the progress of Malteser International and Partner Project activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Project Manager and Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Coordinator in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis, and, reporting on project indicators
- Work with the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning Coordinator to train partner project staff in monitoring activities based on indicators and targets set out in the project documents
- Participate in periodic project planning meetings to review project progress and share best Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) practices
- Support in ensure that all projects have realistic work plans, and are submitted on time
- Participate in strengthening the existing Monitoring and Evaluation System for the projects in Southwestern Uganda
- Support in preparing monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual project performance reports
- Collect and systemize information on the progress of each activity of a project being implemented and input the information into the database platform
- The applicant must hold a university degree preferably in statistics, economics, social sciences, demography, and other related disciplines
- Training in M&E, bio-statistical analysis, data management, or relevant fields is an advantage
- At least two (2) years of prior experience with performance monitoring and evaluations for international development or humanitarian programs; drafting M&E systems; developing M&E tools and procedures with proven improvement at the level of organization; as well as data collection and analysis
- Excellent analytical, teamwork and interpersonal, and documentation skills
- Working knowledge of word processing spreadsheets, data collection, entry and analysis packages and databases (Microsoft packages such as MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS, KoboCollect, etc.)
What we offer:
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duty Station: Nakivale
- Duration of contract: 1-year renewable contract based upon availability of funding
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, and 13th paycheque
How To Apply for Malteser International Uganda Jobs 2022:
If you are interested in this position, kindly submit your extensive application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online via our job portal at the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.