IsraAID Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Finance and Admin Officer
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer – IsraAID Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
IsraAID is an Israel-based non-governmental organization that was founded in 2001 and has since its inception worked in emergency and long-term development settings in over 54 countries. IsraAID’s mission is to support people affected by humanitarian crises by partnering with local communities around the world to provide urgent aid, assist recovery, and reduce the risk of future disasters. IsraAID has operated in Uganda since 2016.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In close collaboration with the Finance Coordinator, and Field Coordinator, reinforce existing SOPs and systems for financial management and control in compliance with IsraAid financial guidelines, the country’s laws, and donor requirements. Cash and Transaction Management
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions, including regular cash verification, cash/bank reconciliation, monthly cashbooks closing, advances’ reconciliation, filing of bookkeeping and receipts and timely submission of accounts to Finance Coordinator
- Ensure payments to suppliers and recurrent expenditures are made in a timely manner with the appropriate authorization and the organizations internal procedures
- Process cash advance to staff, check liquidation of cash advance ensuring that all the supporting documents are in order and expenditures are in accordance with established policies and procedures. Follow-up on long outstanding advances.
- Manage the office Petty-Cash and compile all the cash counts and payments tracker in-line with the organization’s internal procedures Accounting and Recording
- Record transactions into the accounting system on a daily basis ensuring that all transactions are recorded accurately, timely, and treated consistently in accordance with IsraAID’ s accounting policies
- Assist in the month-end and year-end account closing, including all bank and cash reconciliations
- Execute payroll functions in coordination with HR focal point to ensure that employees and service providers are pain in timely and accurate manner, ensuring that all the deductions and additions are accurately calculated, and payroll are released on schedule
- Work closely with the Field Coordinator to ensure that thorough and effective budgetary control is undertaken
- Oversee the project-end procedures, ensuring that all payments are finalized within the liquidation period and all payments have been committed within the project period
- Prepare for local audits in collaboration with Finance Coordinator Administration
- Manage office inventory and fixed asset registry, maintain and regularly update in coordination with logistics department/procurment focal point.
- File financial and program documents, including accurate filing of staff records
- Responsible for archive of all relevant documents (receipts, contracts, transfers, bank account info)
- Coordinate all international volunteers
- Manage international and national shipping
- Assist with the compilation of financial information to stakeholders
- Maintain verbal and written contact and communication with all the relevant stakeholders
- Organize specific meetings, and ensure booking of hotels, flights, and transportation are booked in a timely manner
Minimum Qualifications for IsraAID Uganda Jobs 2022:
- The ideal candidate must hold a University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related fields
- At least two years of demonstrated working experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the non-profit sector/UN Agencies
- Knowledge on accounting principles, procedures and standards, as well as rules and regulations of local taxation and compliance
- Confident & proficient in the use of MS Office, and advanced Excel proficiency.
- Experience working with financial systems, ideally in Quick Books.
- Analytical, organized and process oriented person
- Team player as well as independent thinker
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills to establish strong working relationships with colleagues
- Fluency in written and spoken English
How To Apply for IsraAID Uganda Jobs 2022
All qualified and interested applicants should send an updated CV (maximum 2 pages) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Only successful candidates will be notified
Deadline: 31st May 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.