MSH Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Results-Based Financing Specialist (Health Sector)
Job Title: Results-Based Financing Specialist (Health Sector) – MSH Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Profile
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Results Based Financing Specialist for a potential 5-year USAID-funded co-operative agreement, the Uganda Health Activity.
The goal of the project is to increase the survival and well-being of vulnerable populations and improve overall health system resilience in priority districts. UHA aims to achieve this goal through three intermediate results (IRs):
Improved access to and use of quality maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH); family planning (FP)/reproductive health (RH); nutrition; and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) health services at community- and health facility-levels. Enhanced local ownership and leadership for sustainable health outcomes. Strengthened health systems at the regional-, district-, facility-, and community-levels.
UHA will also provide additional district-level health systems strengthening (HSS) technical support in a further 72 districts. The activity includes a strong focus on building the capacity, sustainability, and resilience of local governments and local partner institutions to deliver evidence-based and high quality MNCH, FP/RH, nutrition, facility-level WASH, and HIV/AIDS services at both facility- and community-levels.
The Results Based Financing Specialist will serve as the senior technical resource providing hands-on technical assistance and capacity building primarily in results based financing (RBF). They will work with the PFM expert and project team to design and implement RBF methodologies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strengthen regional referral hospitals (RRH), District Health Management Teams (DHMT), and health facility in-charge capacity in RBF for improved service delivery.
- Build the capacity of health facilities and districts in activity planning, implementation and monitoring RBF activities.
- Build RRH and district capacity to conduct RBF training and support supportive supervision related to RBF to ensure facilities qualify and maintain their qualification for continued RBF funding.
- Provide technical advice to RRHs and districts to strengthen documentation and reporting related RBF funds.
- Assess local small-grantees financial capacity and develop tailored capacity strengthening plans, incorporating aspects of RBF.
- Support the design and implementation of core competencies for RBF-related initiatives.
- Develop and supervise a small team of RBF trainers who will assist with capacity building and represent the RBF project activities.
- Working in collaboration with key stakeholders (management at home office and projects), develop content, and lead training to fill gaps in understanding and practice of RBF.
- Serve as a central technical resource on RBF for the project teams and government counterparts at all stages of the project life cycle.
- Participate in, as required, all RBF-related evaluation efforts of the project.
- Share results of RBF activities via regular presentations and other communications.
- Prepare and present RBF-related evaluation findings to appropriate MOH and external audiences, including via peer-reviewed publications and public health conferences as requested.
- Degree in economics, management, finance, health economics, public health or related area.
- Significant experience in managing or supporting RBF programs and/or in health system strengthening, and specific experience in designing or overseeing Results Based Financing efforts.
- Knowledge and experience in designing results-based or Results-based financing mechanisms for measuring projects and organizational results goals.
- Demonstrated ability in organizational, technical, and managerial skills to lead and collaborate effectively with colleagues across a wide range of settings. Related practical field experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally and build capacity among colleagues from culturally diverse backgrounds and in different project settings.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed.
- Preference will be given to Ugandan nationals.
How To Apply for MSH Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.