NITA Uganda Jobs 2022 – System Developer
Job Title: System Developer – NITA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: National Information Technology Authority
Duty Station: Uganda
Directorate: E-Government Services
Department: Business Transformation
Reports to: Senior Systems Analyst
Salary Grade: N5
National Information Technology Authority Profile:
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) is an autonomous statutory body established under the NITA-U Act 2009, to coordinate and regulate Information Technology services in Uganda. NITA-U is under the general supervision of the Ministry of ICT and National Guidance.
To develop or enhance e-Government solutions and/or systems interfaces and actively participate in implementation and testing, all with the aim of improving Government efficiency, decision making and productivity to improve service delivery to citizens.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design and develop application interfaces and software services emphasizing the ‘reuse’ principle in consideration of future integration with other applications
- Support establishment, maintenance and management of Government websites, portals and other web based tools including mobile. This will include promoting usage through capacity building and training.
- Provide application design recommendations to internal technical teams based on long-term IT organizational business objectives.
- Perform assessment of internal work processes and automate the flow of selected internal processes.
- Develop clear and detailed programming instructions/code to solve organization/ business problems through automation support or business process re-engineering
- Review source code and application architecture done by external consultants to ensure adherence to good programming practices.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering or its equivalent from a recognised university
- Understanding of web design frameworks/patterns such as DJANGO, CODEIGNITER, LARAVEL, DRUPAL as well as security, session management, and best development practices is required
- Knowledge of software version control platforms such as Git, Bit bucket is required.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design principles using any of the following programming languages: Python, PHP, C#, Java or Ruby.
- Ability to develop and deploy applications cloud platforms such as Amazon, Azure, Google etc.
- Professional/ Industry IT Certification in programming or database development is
an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years of experience in developing portals/websites using proprietary and open-source tools for multiple platforms;
- Demonstrate experience in graphic design applications and Macromedia Flash
- Demonstrate hands-on development and delivery of agile web-based applications;
- Demonstrate proficiency with content management systems and databases;
- Should be innovative, detail‐oriented and possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
How To Apply for NITA Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 13th June 2022 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.