DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Senior Officer (Credit Control)
Job Title: Senior Officer (Credit Control) – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager – Credit Control
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to the Manager Credit Control, the role holder will prepare all contracts relating to the Bank’s Corporate, Business Banking and other borrowing customers with non-standardized deals that involve unique terms and conditions with huge exposures in a language that can easily be understood by either parties in compliance with all legal, financial and credit requirements to protect the Bank from any loopholes arising from poor documentation and in case of default, such contracts must be enforceable in the Courts of law. They will also set out all terms and conditions under which the Bank is willing to make available to the Customer the approved credit facility and provide advisory services to the Bank’s business units.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Preparation of loan documents for Corporate Banking and Business Banking borrowing customers in line with the Bank’s Approved Standard Formats.
- Preparation of documents for non-standardized deals that involve unique terms and conditions with huge exposures in line with the Service Level Agreement.
- Proofread and advise on standardized documents done by Legal and external lawyers – for accuracy and completeness.
- Draft Service Level Agreements, with all internal stakeholders and review those with external stakeholders.
- Offer advisory services to business units on all legal related issues on the different credit files as presented for preparation of credit agreements.
- Conduct regular security reviews, reconciling the physical security positions as reported by the Documentation team and tracking delays, renewals, and releases.
- Conduct periodical sensitivity and confirmation checks of validity of securities for deteriorating credit facilities of the Bank’s top borrowers.
- Law Degree from a reputable learning institution.
- Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre (LDC) or its equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles governing Banking & Corporate Law, Land Law, Mortgages and Leasing, among others.
- Administration or any other related field in Credit Administration.
- Self-motivation, result orientation with ability to make appropriate decisions as and when required.
- Effective communication, good interpersonal and research skills.
- Two years’ experience in drafting credit agreements in a reputable institution/legal firm.
- Excellent understanding of operations of all Bank products.
- Attention to detail.
- Independence and with a good judgement of tasks.
- Ability to deliver quality output within tight deadlines.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including your present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: Friday 10th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.