UNMA Jobs 2022 – 2 Fresher Technicians
Organization: Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA) Profile:
Uganda National Meteorological Authority (UNMA) is a Statutory Body established by UNMA Act, 2012. The Act empowers UNMA to provide for the control and development of technically sound and scientific meteorological services in Uganda.
To support the daily maintenance of UNIVIA physical assets and properties under direction of Senior Technician;
Carry out the installation, maintenance and calibration of meteorological equipment and facilities required for measuring and recording weather parameters are done in accordance with National and International requirements.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Undertake repairs on UNMA assets and properties as directed by supervisor;
- Compile inventory controls for cost effective operations and submit to supervisor fortion;
- Monitor contractual works and report to supervisor;
- Alert property manager of any unusual occurrence and/or damage that have taken place or that may occur;
- Installation of all Meteorological equipment and facilities required for measuring and recording weather parameters in accordance with National and International requirements;
- Maintenance and repair of meteorological equipment and facilities at aerodromes by ensuring that routine checks are conducted as scheduled;
- Conduct scheduled calibration of meteorological equipment at meteorological stations and offices;
- Maintain log book for all equipment and activities undertaken during the operations with regard to repairs and maintenance;
- Carry out an inventory of all equipment, tools and facilities;
- Train users of meteorological equipment and facilities on proper operational use;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma in Telecommunications, Electrical, Electronic and Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science or ICT;
- Radio, Television and Electronics Technician (RTET) part I and II;
- BSc degree in any of the fields above is an added advantage;
- Other Meteorological training related to Meteorology Instruments and Instrument maintenance as prescribed by WMO is an added advantage.
How To Apply for UNMA Jobs 2022
All applications must be accompanied with recent CVs detailing work experience, present position, certified copies of professional and educational qualifications. Applicants must also include a copy of their National Identity Card and three (3) referees (including their names, workplace and contact details).
Females are encouraged to apply and applications should be physically delivered to the address below;
The Ag: Executive Director,
Uganda National Meteorological Authority
Plot 22/28 Port Bell Road, Luzira
P.O Box 7025
Closing Date: 15th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.