UNDP Jobs Uganda 2022 – Fresher Programme Officer (ISG)
Job Title: Programme Officer (ISG) – UNDP Jobs Uganda 2022
Organization: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
United Nations Development Programme Profile:
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nation’s global development network. UNDP advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life. The UNDP provides expert advice, training, grant support to developing countries including Uganda with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries.
The Programme Officer, ISG will be tasked with;
- Planning, monitoring, and implementation of budgets and workplans.
- UNSCDF/CPD, programme/project and government reporting (ensuring alignment with partner and corporate priorities);
- Guides, negotiates, and monitors partner agreements ensuring compliance with partner and corporate requirements.
- Programme and project compliance (including participating in LPAC; ensuring that project document meets the corporate requirements).
Roles and responsibilities:
Ensures implementation of programme strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Thorough analysis and research of the political, social, economic and environmental situation in the country and preparation of substantive inputs to strategic documents for the sector.
- Analysis and synthesis of proposals on the areas of support and interventions relate to inclusive economic growth and strategic economic affairs and within the other thematic/sectoral areas assigned.
Manages Country Office assigned programme components, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Designing and implementing projects relating to inclusive and sustainable growth programmes, translating UNDP’s priorities into local interventions.
- Initiating projects, ensuring project approval, registering projects in Atlas, preparing and finalizing project annual work plans and project documents, contributing in budgetary monitoring and follow-up, and ensure closure of completed projects;
- The programme officer performs functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for POs and vouchers approval and participates in recruitment processes for projects as needed.
- Financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects in ATLAS, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
- Follow up on audit recommendations. All exceptions are timely reported.
- Preparation of inputs for reporting, including donor reporting.
- Contribution to application of RBM tools and monitoring achievement of results.
Establishes and maintains strategic partnerships and supports resource mobilization, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation, identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
Ensures provision of top-quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building and management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to programme country policy goals.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on programme issues.
- Professional growth through active learning.
- The ideal candidate for the Programme Officer, ISG job should hold a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Economics, Statistics, International Relations, Public Policy or any related areas
- Prince2 training and certification, RMG are desirable.
- Design thinking desirable
- At least two years of experience in economics and public policy, with a clear focus on sustainable development, ideally in SIDS-context.
- Experience in programme and project management.
- Proven ability to work effectively in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Sound understanding and capability to empower and develop the capacity of national staff.
- Proven programmatic implementation experience with sound knowledge of all aspects of the project cycle (design, implementation, monitoring & evaluation).
- Excellent skills in fundraising, resources mobilization and donor relations would be an asset.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong strive for innovative ideas and practices.
- Language: Proficiency in oral and written English
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination
- UNDP People Management Competencies can be found in the dedicated site.
- Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
- Business Management – Project Management: Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
- Business Management – Partnership Management: Ability to build and maintain partnerships with wide networks of stakeholders, Governments, civil society and private sector partners, experts and others in line with UNDP strategy and policies
- Business Management – Resource Management: Ability to allocate and use resources in a strategic or tactical way in line with principles of accountability and integrity
- Business Management – Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
- Business Management – Evaluation: Ability to make an independent judgement based on set criteria and benchmarks – Ability to anticipate client’s upcoming needs and concerns
- Programme and Policy – Effectiveness: Programmatic Risk Management and Analysis
- Programme and Policy – SDG Integration: SDG Monitoring and Reporting
Important: Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
How To Apply for UNDP Jobs Uganda 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 10th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.