Water Mission Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Human Resources Assistant Officer
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant Officer – Water Mission Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Water Mission
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Water Mission Profile:
Water Mission is a nonprofit Christian engineering organization that designs, builds, and implements safe water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) solutions for people in developing countries and disaster areas. Guided by love, excellence, and integrity, we are driven to share clean, safe water and God’s love with all. To date, we have served more than 7 million people in 57 countries. Working at Water Mission is as much a calling as it is a career, and we are searching for people with the courage, passion, and drive to help us change the world. Read more about our Statement of Faith and Christian Mission.
Under the guidance of the Human Resource Manager, the HR Assistant Officer directly supports Water Mission’s mission of providing safe water and an opportunity to share God’s Love with all by performing tasks following the Uganda Country Program established standards and procedures. This is a full-time position that requires residency in Jinja, Uganda. The Human Resources (HR) Assistant Officer role’s purpose is two-fold, with a split into two distinct parts. The primary focus is to support the Water Mission Uganda staff with HR processes in recruitment and selection, employee administration, the HR database and record management, employee wellness, and other related duties. The role will also help ensure administrative assistance to staff and contribute to effective office support. The position requires a strong work ethic, integrity, and commitment to excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Providing clerical and administrative support to Human Resources Manager.
- Compiling, updating, and tracking employee records (hard and soft copies).
- Assist in HR process documentation and prepare reports relating to HR activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, etc.).
- Assist with HR projects like Staff meetings, training, surveys, etc.) and take minutes.
- Assist in Payroll preparation by providing relevant data, i.e., staff leave.
- Assist in the scheduling of interviews.
- Assist with all internal and external HR-related inquiries or requests.
- Assist with monitoring of Water Mission Uganda leave requests.
- Ensure efficient record-keeping for all WM staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to the efficiency of Water Mission Uganda’s East and West Nile offices, working with other teams to support admin requests.
- Assist with staff annual insurance (medical and Workman’s compensation) request processing and enrollments.
- Assist with processing work permits.
- Assist with ensuring office cleanliness and kitchen hygiene.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of love, excellence, and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple HR and Admin activities simultaneously.
- Basic knowledge of Uganda labor laws.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Fluency in Written and spoken English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality regarding personnel information.
- Commitment to respect and value equality and diversity and to understand how this applies to your area of work.
- Commitment to own continuing personal and professional development.
- A degree in Human Resources or related field from a recognized institution is preferred.
- 2-3 years of proven experience as an HR Assistant, Staff Assistant, or a relevant human resources/administrative position.
- Strong understanding of the Employment Act 2006.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; experience with payroll and HRIS systems a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly articulate ideas and feedback in a constructive way.
- Comfortable and proficient in public speaking (both large and small groups).
- Excels in a fast-paced environment and prioritizes requests effectively.
- Ability to organize personal workload and achieve results on time.
- Ability to manage confidential information with professional maturity, integrity, and discernment.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to West Nile offices.
How To Apply for Water Mission Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 9th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.