IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – HR & Administration Officer
Job Title: HR & Administration Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kiryandongo, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development – bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua, Kiryandongo and Kampala.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, the HR/ Admin Officer supports the affairs related to the day to day running of the IRC Uganda Kiryandongo Office and providing key support on all HR functions. The Human Resource Officer will assist in the human resources activities including recruitment and orientation, personnel files, staff benefits and insurance schemes and payroll, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and On-boarding
- Initiate and coordinate all the recruitment requests and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the policy.
- Prepare and post all job advertisements for all vacant positions in appropriate channels and ensure wide and appropriate distribution, this includes e-filing of application and sending out HR communications.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Maintain an organized recruitment resource database and bi-weekly update the recruitment status report and send it to all managers on a weekly basis.
- Organize interviews and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the IRC policy.
- Liaise with hiring managers and HR/Admin staff to ensure new staff are oriented upon hire. Includes providing pre-assignment information, orienting employee to the IRC Way in the office.
- Support the HR and Admin Manager during new staff on boarding and ensures all the paper works are correctly done and share with the responsible staff in Kampala.
- Preparing and track offer letters and employment contracts.
- Prepare COS (Change of Status) forms as required and draft /track Staff Contracts, termination forms/notifications.
- Ensure internal equity is maintained for staff compensation and benefits and advice programs leads accordingly.
- Ensure staff understands their benefits package and lead an effective administration of the benefits.
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel records of all employees including orderly archiving.
- Ensure the IRC way violations are captured, reported, and followed through on a monthly basis.
- Support the management of IRC Uganda’s HRIS system and ensuring that it is accurate and maintained up to date.
- Support the maintenance of all talent acquisition and management processes in Cornerstone and the HRIS as assigned, to ensure 100% data integrity.
- Act as a point of contact for all Cornerstone enquiries
- Capacity building employees, management, and HR Focal points in use of Cornerstone and the HRIS.
- Support Payroll process for national staff, as required.
- Coordinate timely performance appraisals and maintain an updated PME database for all staff in coordination with the HR & Admin Manager.
- Ensure that performance evaluation for all staff are conducted on time and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency.
- Collate training needs from the PME and ensure that they are captured in the Annual learning and development plan.
- In collaboration with relevant supervisors, provide guidance, Implementation and documentation of employee conduct management including disciplinary concerns implementation direction provision.
Health Insurance Management
- Coordinate the national staff health insurance scheme ensuring timely and accurate reports from the service provider.
- Ensure all staff and eligible dependents are registered on to the medical insurance scheme, monitor staff medical coverage and ensure that the scheme is functioning well.
- Liaise with the health service provider to resolve any issues with the services.
- Follow up on all medical insurance matters for staff including adding and deleting staff to/from the employer’s liability and the medical and hospitalization insurance policy schemes as well as follow up on payments and claims.
- Ensure staff tea and water is available at the office all time.
- Together with the HR/Admin Manager, follow-up on staff medical cards, IDs and CUG.
- Support the staff in tracking staff leave.
- Prepare invoices and payment request vouchers for all utilities (electricity bills, water bills etc.)
- Assist the HR department in organizing staff training sessions, workshops, and activities.
- Receive all guests to the Office and make necessary arrangements for visitors in liaison with the HR & Admin Manager.
- Ensure Guest houses are cleaned on a regular basis.
- With guidance from the HR and Admin Manager, implements team building activities in Kiryandongo Field offices on a regular basis (ideally quarterly).
- Maintain hygiene practices in IRC field bases, offices, residences, and vehicles are being respected and medical kits (first aid kits) are present and stocked.
- Provide advice to staff about how to access health care in case of illness.
- Offer confidential support to staff members in psychosocial distress and direct them towards IRC psychological counselling service.
- Communicate daily with IRC designated health care provider to review any cases of life-threatening illness among staff and troubleshoot any specific staff health issues that cannot be resolved by the care provider.
- Maintain proper records for all correspondences.
Administrative and Office Consumables Inventory Management:
- Ensure office supplies are available at any time.
- Manage the office stationery ensuring availability of supplies for daily use.
- Prepare timely purchase requests for Operation department and ensures approval and follow up.
Staff Administration & Filling
- Maintains an updated staff files on a real time basis. Opening staff files as per IRC filling system and continuing filling.
- Maintains an updated HR database such as (staff list, leave tracking, contract tracking, etc.) and shares regularly with the HR & Admin Manager.
- Maintain and update the timesheet tracking system for national staff and file all timesheets appropriately.
- Maintain proper records for all correspondences.
- Work closely with supervisors to ensure exit interviews are offered to all staff and data is captured in the online exit survey to ensure a learning and reflective culture in the country program.
- Ensure that staff are removed from the Health Insurance scheme and GPA schemes accordingly.
- Develop and maintain reports to update and finalize terminal benefits.
- Perform other duties as needed or requested by the HR /Admin Manager.
- Compiles the monthly HR metrics information and share with the HR and Admin Manager for final compilation.
- Prepares and shares information on payment of suppliers, service providers (lessors, hotels).
- Prepares and shares with HR & Admin Manager the accommodation tracking sheet.
- Prepares weekly activity reports including those done by the compound supervisor and shares with the HR & Admin Manager to feed in the weekly report.
- University Degree, in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or similar professional qualification.
- 3 years of relevant professional experience in human resources.
- Strong knowledge and experience of HRISs, and ideally in supporting others to use HRIS.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of managing a payroll, preferably for more than 400 employees.
- Previous experience working with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR sector.
- Strong experience in a human resource support role.
- Ability to analyze and interpret numerical data and processes.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality of HR information.
- Ability to use judgement to determine when to deal with a query to conclusion or when to pass to another member of the team.
- Organized and methodical and with good attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to work within a multi-site, international organization.
- Customer-focused with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work towards a resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office packages – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: June 20th 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.