IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Supply Chain Officer (PlayMatters)
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer (PlayMatters) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The International Rescue Committee, hereinafter referred to as “the IRC”, is a non-profit, humanitarian agency that provides relief, rehabilitation, protection, resettlement services, and advocacy for refugees, displaced persons and victims of oppression and violent conflict. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by the rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA). Since then, in partnership with various donors, the IRC in Uganda has expanded to meet the needs of the conflict-affected regions of Karamoja, Acholi, West Nile region, and in Southwestern Uganda as well as amongst urban refugees in Kampala
PlayMatters reimagines childhood for refugees. It will bring play-based learning to 800,000 children across Ethiopia, Uganda, and Tanzania. It will redefine education and cultivate a generation of lifelong builders. PlayMatters is inspired by LEGO Foundation’s call to challenge the status quo, to offer children the quality education they dream of. Children are not gaining the skills they need; teachers are under-supported, and parents are overwhelmed. The systems built to serve them are failing them. PlayMatters proudly offers something different. It will be delivered by a coalition with a track record of thinking and delivering differently.
The Supply Chain Officer will lead all supply chain functions of the PlayMatters regional office and will report directly to the Deputy Project Director, PlayMatters and the IRC Uganda Supply Chain Coordinator in a Management in Partnership (MIP). This position is responsible for the management and delivery of effective Supply Chain support to the PlayMatters Regional office in compliance with IRC and donor regulations. Key responsibilities include procurement, inventory, asset management and transport, and works closely with Regional Office Finance and Administration.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate and coordinate with Programs and Finance to ensure integrated and harmonized operational systems in the PlayMatters regional team office Program.
- Collaborate with Finance Manager to ensure that internal controls are met with minimum of bureaucracy.
- Work with Supply Chain Coordinator and PlayMatters Deputy Project Director to ensure effectiveness and implementation of the IRC’s standard operating policies and procedures.
- Implement job-specific training to ensure that Supply Chain staff’ possess the knowledge and skills commensurate with their responsibilities.
- Ensure that Supply Chain policies and procedures are in compliance with applicable IRC and funding source policies, procedures and requirements. All staff act in accordance with the policies.
- Maintain and update donor guidelines related to Supply Chain field (procurement, asset, etc).
- Monitor PlayMatters regional office sections of budgets and track expenditure. Follow up as necessary including timely information and budgetary comments regarding any realignment.
- Finalize item forecast for the PlayMatters regional office. Work with technical workstream leads and finance staff towards establishing the items forecast before the start of each grant ensuring they fit the activities in the budget, are donor compliant and realistic in terms of timing
- Ensure all donor reports for assets are completed and submitted to the Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Disposal of assets is reviewed annually, and donor requirements followed as necessary.
- Familiarize with various donor regulations.
- Implement IRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to fleet management as well as the Vehicle Policy, ensuring adherence to all sections, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Raising Purchases for vehicles spare parts and vehicle repairs in collaboration with PlayMatters regional office drivers.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Ensure that all vehicles are secure when not in use.
- Be familiar with local regulations/laws, and ensure that these are followed across the Country Program
Training & Outreach:
- Proactively develop the skills of PlayMatters staff to understand and utilize Supply Chain tools and services to design and implement quality programming.
- Identify Supply Chain needs and ensure the issues are raised in new budget development.
- Ensure all Supply Chain staff are aware of and in compliance with IRC procurement, asset and stock management, transport, communications, etc, for them to clearly share this information.
- Ensure procurement is done according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Ensure that staff participating in tender committees are trained and understand their roles and are certified.
- Ensure clear delineation of roles for procurement.
- Ensure the update of file and list of vendors in Kampala region.
- Ensure transport services are cost efficient and reliable.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, well managed and documented.
- Ensure assets and property are effectively managed, asset list is updated regularly, and assets are disposed according to IRC and/or donor regulations.
- Supply Chain works consistently with Security to maintain required security levels, awareness, and responsiveness.
- Work with program staff to develop item forecast and submit to Supply Chain Coordinator for uploading in Integra
- Establish Master Purchase Agreements/Master Service Agreement for frequently procured items
- The implementation and / or maintenance of standard IRC procurement standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance with IRC and donor-specific polices.
- Attend all the procurement committee meetings.
- Coordination with Finance, Admin, and program departments to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with the relevant requesting staff/programs regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services, and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Maintain Vendor information for regularly purchased items and be informed of current local market conditions.
- Request for vendors to be created in Integra by submitting all the supporting documents
- Support and provide the appropriate trainings for procurement and program staff as required.
- Advise the Deputy Project Director and Supply Chain Coordinator of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
Fleet Management and Coordination:
- Manage and be accountable for the fleet for PlayMatters regional project, including ensuring that servicing and repairs schedules are adhered to and inventory management of all vehicle-related parts and consumables in collaboration with PlayMatters regional drivers.
- Ensure efficient, effective, and accurate fuel management of all PlayMatters regional vehicles, including engagements with fuel and lubricants service providers. Ensure that appropriate communications equipment is functioning in IRC vehicles to meet the operational and security requirements in collaboration with PlayMatters regional drivers.
- Ensure the correct and timely routine maintenance and repair of PlayMatters regional vehicles and generators in collaboration with PlayMatters regional drivers and Administration officer.
- Inspect and record condition of vehicles, by maintaining weekly checklists file and ensuring that Vehicles logbooks are accurately filled in collaboration with PlayMatters regional drivers.
- Ensure all vehicles are properly cleaned on daily basis in collaboration with PlayMatters regional drivers.
- Work with the Deputy Project Director and Supply Chain Coordinator to ensure that vehicles are prepared for routine and emergency security requirements.
- Manage hired vehicles/Drivers in collaboration with PlayMatters regional drivers and administration officer.
- Make sure there is valid hire vehicles Master Service Agreements in collaboration with PlayMatters regional administration officer.
- Ensure that vehicles are fueled for day-to-day activities. Ensure that the fuel tank is not less than half of the fuel tank capacity in collaboration with PlayMatters regional drivers.
- Advise the Supply Chain Coordinator of asset-specific issues or improvements
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list in Integra and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
- Monitor security of play matter’s assets and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the assets for issuance.
- Ensure assets are signed for received on the Equipment issue and receipt form
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Coordinator to reconcile the asset register and Integra Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the asset register and Integra Fixed asset records regularly.
- Conduct routine asset inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of asset inward and outward movement in the Asset register and Integra
- Provide on-time, standard Supply Chain monthly reports to the Supply Chain Coordinator and Deputy Project Director. including fuel consumption report, maintenance report and any other reports requested by Supervisor
- Generate and / or maintain an IRC Vendor database.
- Generate and / or maintain comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment purchased by IRC
- Produce routine payment projections for Finance.
- Establish MPAs for frequently procured items and make sure renewals starts three months before MPAs expire
- Ensure that procurement lead time is as per the Country Program maximum number of days
- Produce routine purchase status reports (item forecast and requirements) and send to all Playmatter’s project staff.
- Well maintained fleet and good filing system for all vehicles
- Maintain full and accurate inventory records for warehouses, assets, and furniture
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks and 20% cycle counts.
- Knowledge of generic Supply Chain procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Three years’ work experience in Supply Chain (Procurement, Assets, Transport and Warehouse).
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of PC especially spreadsheets (format / sort / filter).
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: June 14th 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.