URBRA Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Accountant
Job Title: Accountant – URBRA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (URBRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (URBRA) Profile:
The Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority (URBRA) was established pursuant to section 2 of the Uganda Retirement Benefits Regulatory Authority Act 2011, No. 15 of 2011. It is an autonomous body responsible for regulating the establishment, management and operation of retirement benefits schemes in Uganda in both private and public sectors. The Authority is responsible for supervising institutions which provide retirement benefit products and services.
The Accountant will perform general accounting duties involving tracking accountability, vouching for completeness, up-dating and maintaining books of accounts and, producing routine financial statements and reports.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To examine correctness of payment requests, completeness of documentation and certify requisition or, transactions for further processing;
- To verify receipts, match and undertake on-line reconciliation of invoices and Local Purchase Orders for goods and services procured prior to effecting payments;
- To prepare periodic reconciliations of financial statements
- To verify payroll change requests and reports to ensure correctness of computations, payments and deductions; certify and follow-up approval and payment to beneficiaries.
- Prepare draft responses to audit activities or queries and, oversight issues.
- To prepare periodic management reports and financial statements.
- The applicant must hold an Honours Bachelor degree in Finance and Accounting OR Bachelor’s Degree with a bias in Accounting plus professional qualification in Accountancy obtained from a recognised awarding body OR full professional qualification in Accountancy obtained from a recognized awarding Institution accredited by the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) plus at least a postgraduate Diploma in Management related field obtained from a recognised awarding institution.
- At least two years of experience working as an Accountant in a reputable organization.
- Planning and Budgeting
- Financial Record Keeping.
- Financial Reporting
- Risk management and Assurance
- Information and Communications Technology
- Concern for Quality and Standards
- Ethics and integrity
- Innovative and Proactive
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Decision making and Problem solving
- Effective communication
How To Apply for URBRA Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested applicants may send applications accompanied by a comprehensive CV with 3 referees, copies of transcripts and certificates as well as other relevant academic credentials addressed to;
Attn: Head Projects and Consultancy Department,
Uganda Management Institute,
Plot No. 44/52 Jinja Road, Kampala
P.O. Box 20131 Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date: 14th June 2022 by 3:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.