IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – No Experience Supply Chain Volunteer
Job Title: Supply Chain Volunteer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster.
The International Rescue Committee, hereinafter referred to as “the IRC”, is a non-profit, humanitarian agency that provides relief, rehabilitation, protection, resettlement services, and advocacy for refugees, displaced persons and victims of oppression and violent conflict. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by the rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA). Since then, in partnership with various donors, the IRC in Uganda has expanded to meet the needs of the conflict-affected regions of Karamoja, Acholi, West Nile region, and in Southwestern Uganda as well as amongst urban refugees in Kampala
The Supply Chain Volunteer will Report to Supply Chain Officer. He/she will be responsible for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the Kampala stores, Transport and Assets records. The Supply Chain Volunteer must be able to maintain impeccable Supply Chain related files and maintaining audit-compliant records.
They are the focal person to receive all mail and distribute it to the intended recipients as well all documentation from the field offices that requires approval from Kampala.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the SC Officer Warehouse & Stores to ensure that stores documentation is updated in a timely manner upon receipt and issuance of items.
- All warehouse documents (Waybills, Product Receipt are filed properly
- Regularly audit Supplier files and make updates as soon as gaps are realized
- Maintain and update supplier files by ensuring filing is done correctly as per SC Records Management SOP.
- Receive documents from the field and follow up with approvers
- Track all documents sent to the field
- Assist the Supply Chain Officer with processing payments, recording the payments in the payments book, and ensuring the payments are submitted to finance.
- Assist the SC team with printing documents, scanning, and filing as and when the need arises.
- Assist the SCO-Warehouse to ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Work with the SCO Warehouse to manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC Kampala warehouse.
- Assist the SCO Warehouse to implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Where necessary organize or carry out the transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward road shipment.
- Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
- Assist with stock take and stock counts.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the store(s).
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Degree or Diploma in Procurement and Supply Chain Management.
- Strong sense of personal integrity and commitment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Available to join immediately
- Knowledge of generic store management systems and forms
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent in computer use and maintenance
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: June 22nd 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.