Educate Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Global Learning Designer, Education System Solutions
Job Title: Global Learning Designer, Education System Solutions – Educate Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: Global – East African Based (Currently Remote)
Educate! prepares youth in Africa with the skills to succeed in today’s economy. We tackle youth unemployment by partnering with schools and governments to reform what schools teach and how they teach it, so that students in Africa have the skills to attain further education, overcome gender inequities, start businesses, get jobs and drive development in their communities. Our model is delivered through practically-trained teachers and youth mentors. Educate!’s goal is to make this practical, skills-based model part of national education systems.
Educate! is seeking an enthusiastic and self-driven Global Designer for our Global Team to work with our Education Systems implemented by the government. Educate! lives a culture of data-driven decision-making through the application of human-centered design and user experience experimentation.
The Global Designer will work on design focussed on teachers and education systems. The right person for this role is a highly strategic learning designer with a formal background in education who is energized and driven to support educational reform ensuring our programs create a lasting impact on students and youth.
The ideal candidate has extensive experience in educational program design, advocacy, teacher training, communication, capacity building of government officials and education reform.
In our first ten years, Educate! became the biggest youth skills provider in East Africa by scaling our proven in-school model to impact hundreds of thousands of youth in Uganda and Rwanda. In 2021, our top priority across the organization is testing a boot camp model for out-of-school youth.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Education Systems Solution
This solution is presently being implemented in Rwanda and Kenya, as we explore other possible geographies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Learning design of program materials for national programs which run alongside government education reforms. This can include:
- Teacher training curricula
- Training for district education officers on how to monitoring new policies
- Capacity building workshops for government technical teams, and student learning materials.
- Design of program materials for government engagement. This can include
- Concepts and materials for conferences and events
- Curricula and learning materials for professional short courses
- Materials for webinars and other engagement activities
- Design of technical materials for government policy development. This can include:
- Draft scope and sequence, syllabi, teachers and learners guides
- Policy guidelines for schools, and assessment standards.
- Training of teachers and government officials on educational reform support areas and materials designed
- Communication and advocacy with government officials on our methodology
- Creation of government workshop’s facilitation strategy (how to organize government workshops to co-develop the best technical approach to education system change) and government workshop session designs (slide decks informed by research, proposals, and policy frameworks).
- Degree in education preferable, post-graduate qualification would be an added advantage
- Experience in learning or education design
- Knowledge and experience in designing and implementing behavioral change
- Understanding and application of human-centered or iterative design approaches
- Engaging and interactive communicator with passion for advocacy
- Highly strategic thinker
- Collaborative, data-oriented approach to problem solving
- Fits our Five Cultural Tenets (see What is Educate! About? below); Learn more by looking at Educate!’s culture deck here
How To Apply for Educate Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.