Redeem Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Community Liaison
Job Title: Community Liaison – Redeem Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager
Redeem’s mission is to protect widows and orphans from violent abuse and exploitation by:
Awakening the world to the need to defend the orphan and the widow in the twenty-first century; Assembling the resources needed to protect the world’s most vulnerable widows and orphans; Assisting law enforcement in real cases that restore victims and restrain their abusers; and Amplifying law enforcement protection through community engagement and capacity building.
About the Project:
We are currently implementing a program in Uganda to protect widows and orphans from the devastation of predatory eviction with plans to expand our defense of the vulnerable into other countries in the future.
As a Redeem Community Liaison, you will amplify the deterrent impact of Redeem’s casework by proactively engaging with the political, cultural, civic and religious leaders in your project area, as well as with the greater community at large, while contributing to Redeem’s culture of Christian excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Casework Partnering with other members of the casework team in developing Redeem’s overall intervention strategy and developing communication and community engagement strategies for individual cases;
- Seeking informed beneficiary consent to Redeem’s storytelling and communications policies and plan;
- Capturing stories of Redeem’s casework through photographs, videos, recordings, interviews, etc;
- Ensuring public awareness of relevant laws and law enforcement interventions through events, meetings, press conferences, press releases, interviews, articles, social media posts, etc; and Responding to media inquiries, conducting interviews and serving as a spokesperson for Redeem.
- Capacity Building Developing strong working relationships with members of the local print, radio, television and digital media, and political, cultural, civic and religious leaders in the assigned project area;
- Securing and maintaining required and/or beneficial memoranda of understanding with local authorities;
- Gathering feedback from the community on Redeem’s intervention and justice system performance;
- Identifying lessons learned and opportunities for systemic improvement from Redeem’s casework;
- Advocating with local political, cultural, civic and religious leaders to support law enforcement efforts;
- Participating in Gender Coordination Cluster meetings or in other similar JLOS coordination bodies;
- Facilitating community outreach meetings following law enforcement interventions and as otherwise appropriate to amplify deterrence, educate the public and create community buy-in; Supporting the Team Lead in responding to potential conflicts between Redeem and other entities; and Recording, monitoring and evaluating data on all community engagement and communication efforts.
- Miscellaneous Communicating with donors, supporters, media and other outside parties about Redeem’s work; Contributing to the review and design of organizational systems, guidelines and policies; Participating in Redeem’s professional development and spiritual formation activities; Supporting other teams within Redeem in the achievement of their objectives; and Completing other duties as assigned.
Redeem strives to build a culture of Christian excellence that reflects the following four core values:
We love each other well; We don’t make easy things hard; We measure by results; and We are joyful in our work.
- The ideal applicant must hold a degree or equivalent in communications, business, marketing, political science, project management, community development, law, or other related field;
- Two or more years of professional experience in community engagement or a related role;
- Project management experience working with grassroot communities ; Preferred: Experience in a communications office or a media outlet;
- Experience working with JLOS actors;
- Fluency in English and Lugisu with excellent written and oral communication in both;
- Excellent public speaking and written communication skills;
- Organized, efficient and communicative;
- Ability to establish and nurture beneficial business relationships;
- Media and event management skills;
- Computer literacy with strong capacity in word processing, email and other systems;
- Understanding of Google business suite and digital project management tools;
- Mature Christian faith.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness;
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and ability to work on a multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent independent professional judgment and ethical decision-making;
- Innovative and creative problem solving in the face of complex nuanced issues;
- Persistence and tenacity in the face of difficult problems or challenges;
- Commitment to meet deadlines and achieve results in fast-paced environment; and Required: Love-motivated service orientation toward clients, colleagues, partners and adversaries.
How To Apply for Redeem International Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume, with copies of their academic credentials, to the Human Resource Manager at email@example.com
Deadline: 27th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.