CRS Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Graduate Procurement Intern
Job Title: Procurement Intern – CRS Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Officer
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Profile
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-profit organization whose commitment is to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas set out by the Bishops of the United States. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
You will effectively perform various activities throughout the procurement cycle to assist the acquisition of goods and services in support of the delivery of high-quality programming to the poor and vulnerable. Your abilities will allow you to successfully support the quality and efficiency of procurement and purchasing activities applying the principles of stewardship, integrity, transparency, and accountability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports requestors to prepare and submit complete and comprehensive Purchase Requisition Forms.
- Assists with the maintenance of the procurement plan and the procurement tracking tool to facilitate timely communication of procurement/purchase needs, status updates on progress of all orders, and effective and efficient service delivery.
- Assists the Procurement Officer in the continuous search for competent, reputable, and reliable suppliers of goods or services.
- Visits suppliers (company site, stores, and/or production facilities) to collect information and support the due diligence process.
- Purchases items following CRS procurement documents (i.e. Purchase Order), instructions, and standards.
- Support payment to service providers by ensuring all the supporting documentation is accurate and on file to assist the timely payment to vendors and follows up with requestors, suppliers, and other relevant parties to address any deficiencies and/or discrepancies.
- Maintenance of complete and accurate procurement master files, vendor files, and other procurement-related records following established standards.
- The ideal applicant must hold a University diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
- At least two years work experience in supporting procurement/purchasing, logistics, and/or administration processes and activities.
- Good writing skills.
- Knowledge of local market conditions.
- Knowledge in MS Office package (Excel and Word)
- Knowledge in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems a plus.
- Strong attention to detail with good organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized organizational codes of ethics
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results oriented.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
How To Apply for CRS Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested applicants please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
- Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – PROCUREMENTINTERN only
- All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
Deadline: 22nd June 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.