HIF Uganda Jobs 2022 – 2 Fresher Physiotherapists
Job Title: 2 Physiotherapists – HIF Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Humanity & Inclusion
Duty Station: 1- Kyangwali,1- Nakivale, Uganda
Responsible to: Project Supervisor
Starting Gross Salary: Ugx.3,276,469
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Length of contract: 05 months
Humanity & Inclusion Profile
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
While the South Sudanese influx has slowed over the course of 2017, from a peak of over 2000 arrivals per day to an average of less than 100 per day, the Congolese influx has increased since late December 2017. There are currently 389,276 Congolese refugees in Uganda with 54,993 of those arriving since January 1st 2019. Most refugees are fleeing inter-communal violence in DRC’s Ituri region and North Kivu. They are mainly being resettled in Kyangwali and Kyaka II settlements in Western Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the site Project Supervisor and in direct coordination with HI Technical Unit and Head of Programs, the Physiotherapist will:
Ensure planning and field coordination of project activities with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in the monthly HI activity planning meetings
- Develop monthly and weekly field activity plans
- Participate in the development of project activity tools
- Coordinate field activities with MHPSS Worker and Inclusive Education Officer.
- Ensure regular coordination meeting with MHPSS actors, Health actors and Education communities.
Implement, facilitate and follow-up, on a daily basis, the project activities in accordance with the project implementation plans
In collaboration with the targeted school management committees, school community stakeholders and in close collaboration with the HI MHPSS and Education teams:
Physical and functional assessment of beneficiaries from the refugee and host population
- Assess beneficiary needs using the Comprehensive Assessment Form
- According to the outcomes of the assessment of the beneficiaries’ needs elaborate an appropriate intervention and a plan of treatment including provision of assistive devices and referral to other services within HI and other stakeholders.
- Design appropriate physical rehabilitation intervention according to the priorities of needs identified during assessment.
- Explain to both beneficiary and caregiver or family the importance of rehabilitation and the purpose of the treatment to be provided (being provided)
- Provide rehabilitation care according to Uganda (and international) physiotherapy standards and HI rehabilitation guidelines.
- Follow the evolution of care and improvement of beneficiaries through the use of different rehabilitation outcome tools (FIM scoring, CP assessment tool etc.) and report it by updating beneficiary files as needed.
- Ensure the security of the beneficiary during the rehabilitation sessions and take into account precautions related to diverse illness, problems and medical treatments. Seek medical advice if needed.
- Provide advice and train the beneficiary and the caregivers on the basic exercises that the beneficiary can do on his/her own or with support from caregivers to improve general body
condition and prevent secondary complications.
- Follow up on home instructions provided to beneficiaries and caregiver during initial assessment and treatment
- Monitor progress of beneficiaries in doing rehabilitation exercises and use of assistive devices
- Provide advise on how to improve activities of daily living (ADL) following the FIM scoring standards
- Review and recommend discharge of beneficiaries after resolution of problems and achievement of rehabilitation objectives. (Note: discharge is coordinated with the PSS worker assigned to the beneficiaries to consolidate report and completion of rehabilitation outcome scoring before file is completely closed.)
Participate in the data collection and MEAL activities of the project
In close collaboration with the MEAL team:
- Updates rehabilitation follow up form after each session with a beneficiary. All files are treated with outmost confidentiality and are only discussed within the team for clarification as needed.
- Contribute to the weekly report according to department and donor requirement on rehabilitation services: new beneficiaries, active cases, donation certificates, discharge etc.
- Participates in monthly Case Review led by Rehab and MHPSS TA and or Senior PT and Psychologist/PSS;
- Ensure that complete beneficiary pack is properly filled and signed;
- Respect all guidelines and documentation within the project; keep data records for each individual and group sessions;
- Produce weekly activity reports and contribute in the development of project reports using HI Uganda MEAL templates
- Maintain complete documentation for each activity following the recommendations and template of the project manager
- Contribute to the development of the Program Managers activity reports
- Participate in project review workshops
- Participate in assessments and facilitate project evaluations at field level
- Facilitate participation of stakeholders and beneficiaries in monitoring and evaluation of activities
- Ensure that field data collection is charged with the MEAL team
Manage and support the Community-Based Facilitators
- Participate in the recruitment of CBFs
- Coordinate the daily activities of the CBFs with other technical team members
- Provide technical support and on the job mentoring of the CBFS
Demonstration of an ethics, safe, secure and professional practices
- To show professional ethics, respect and promote Humanity & Inclusion mandate and humanitarian principles at all times
- To respect the Humanity & Inclusion protection of children policy, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy, the anti-fraud bribery and corruption policy and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- To report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others
- To contribute to the definition and/or update of security framework at field level
- To observe at all times strict commitment to Humanity & Inclusion Security & Safety regulations as per procedures in place at mission level
- To support information internal dissemination to relevant focal persons at mission level aiming at reinforcing security and safety of Humanity & Inclusion staff and assets
- To participate in security meetings upon the line manager request and report relevant information to the appropriate persons
- Any other tasks deemed necessary by the line manager
Minimum Qualifications for HIF Uganda Jobs 2022
- The ideal applicant must hold a Diploma in physiotherapy.
- At least one year of professional experience in an NGO at officer level
- At least two years of professional experience in Physiotherapy/Physical rehabilitation related work
- Experience in consortia lead projects
- Experience in the fields of inclusion / accessibility of services / services to persons with disabilities
- Experience working in refugee context
- Experience in hospital settings is an asset
- Proven project activity implementation skills in collaboration with stakeholders
- Capacity building, training and coaching skills
- Perfect fluency in written and oral English and strong report writing skills;
- Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet
- Fluently spoken local languages will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of project cycle and related tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of the Education and Disability Sectors in Uganda
- Ability to work under high pressure;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Strong interest in the fields related to HI mandate
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
How To Apply for HIF Uganda Jobs 2022
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter to HR department at email@example.com indicating the position applied for and preferred duty station
Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Disclaimer: Due to the urgency of this position, HI reserves the right to close it before the deadline.
Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Recruitment to all jobs in HI includes, in particular, criminal record checks and the collection of
HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
Deadline: Thursday 23rd June 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.