IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher WPE Project Officer
Job Title: WPE Project Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC works with people forced to flee from war, conflict and disaster and the host communities which support them, as well as those who remain within their homes and communities. At work today in over 40 countries and 25 U.S. cities, we improve outcomes in the areas of health, safety, economic wellbeing, education, and power.
Scope Of Work:
The Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) Project Officer will support implementation of a project addressing prevention and response to sexual exploitation and abuse in humanitarian settings. The project has been implemented from September 15, 2018 and runs to September 14, 2021 in Bidibidi Yumbe. The Project Officer will report to the Project Manager.
Major activities of the project include:
An annual workshop to design and share learning with all project partners
Ongoing listening sessions with women to capture feedback and evaluate community complaints and sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) reporting and investigations mechanisms
Participation and support to UNHCR’s interagency PSEA action group
Strengthening information management and training of WPE response team on SEA response
Partnering with women’s rights organizations and an ICT/digital partner to co-design and implement a digital or phone based element to SEA reporting and accountability mechanism, including an ICT assessment, pilot approach, feedback, and reporting
Partnering with Raising Voices to develop an organizational change approach to address sexual harassment and SEA and support women’s rights organizations to pilot
Building strong feminist movements within Partner organizations and Women Rights Organizations (WRO) working in the emergencies.
Capacity building and strengthening of Women Rights Organizations (WROs)
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in annual workshop to design and share learning with all project partners
- Implement listening sessions with women about access to community complaints and SEA reporting and investigations mechanisms
- Participate in trainings on SEA investigation
- Participate in PSEA action group and fulfill activities of action group (including interagency investigations)
- Compile monthly reports on project activities and participate in monthly planning and support calls with WPE TA, ICT Specialist and project lead
- Implement digital element of project alongside digital partner
- Partner with Raising Voices (with regional Gender Equality Advisors’ support) to adapt Get Moving! organizational change approach to address sexual harassment and SEA and support Ugandan WRO to pilot with UN and INGOs
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Gender/Women Studies, Public Health, or other appropriate fields
- Any additional studies in Gender, Human Rights and Project Planning and Management is an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience in the field of gender-based violence response, preferably working with refugees or conflict affected populations
- Effective and quality implementation of the Listen Up! Objective which includes proposing innovative ways of amplifying women voices through feedback mechanisms.
- Strong monitoring and evaluation expertise
- GBV practitioner / broader feminist and women’s rights background
- Commitment to gender equality, respect for the Human rights and movement building
- Skills in documentation, presentation (PP) and facilitation.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to partnership
- Confident use of excel and strong reporting skills
- Support collaboration with the general WPE unit and other IRC units to integrate PSEA in their programing and project design.
- Desirable, previous experience working on PSEA, conducting investigations, setting up community complaints mechanisms
- Desirable, previous experience with digital, mobile or other use of technology to deliver health, education or protection outcomes for vulnerable populations
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 13th June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.