Total Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Confirmed Wellsite Geologist
Job Title: Confirmed Wellsite Geologist – Total Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: Uganda
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, more reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Strict application of TotalEnergies Company HSE rules and procedures and pro-activity on this matter by participating actively to the “stop card” system and by reporting all incident or potentially dangerous situation.
- Perform well data quality control and validation at the wellsite.
- Predict and evaluate the geological hazards such as formation pressure, gains, losses, caving, differential sticking, acid gas, swelling clay, shallow gas, etc.
- Detect reservoirs and evaluate the fluid content (quick look interpretation).
- Ensure correct data communication at the well site by reporting in due times any event with potential consequence on the project achievement.
- Supervise all well data acquisition such as mudlogging, LWD, electrical logging, coring, solid and fluid sampling (cuttings, cores, side wall cores, gas, oil, formation water, mud, etc), pressure measurements, VSP, etc in accordance with the well data acquisition program as defined in the WSOR.
- Contribute to the full well data recovery on rig site and participate to the complete and pertinent reporting and well data flow from the rig to the company’s operation representative (Operation Geologist Coordinator on site).
- Supervise contractor performance for all the services associated to geological operations i.e. mudlogging, MWD-LWD, wireline and pipe conveyed logging. This supervision shall include the check of quality and reliability of equipment, necessary spare parts and consumables and the performance of the crew.
- Contribute, periodically or at reception of a new mudlogging/wireline unit, to technical audits to verify the compliance of contractor equipment and personnel to the contractual terms and conditions.
- Participate to the supervision and verification of the labelling, conditioning and shipment of samples and of all documents and reports issued by contractors.
- Work closely with any other supervisors, notably the drilling and mud supervisors, appointed by company in order to form a cohesive and efficient team.
- Organize and/or participate actively to pre-job meetings before each special operation such as wireline logging, open hole tests, etc.
- Actively participate to technical reports such as the Final Geological Well Reports or to any report related to the use of a new technology or when uncommon environmental or operational conditions are encountered (REX)
- Minimum BSc Hons Degree in Geology or other geosciences disciplines and must be certified to work as operation geologist (IFP certification)
- At least two years of experience in the Operations Geology domain (including Operations Geology, Petrophysics, and onshore drilling)
- A strong ability to work in a cross functional environment, excellent communication skills
- Willingness to learn and share, adaptability, rigor and pro-activity are critical behaviours required for the position
How To Apply for Total Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.