LWF Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Project Assistant (Environment & Energy)
Job Title: Project Assistant (Environment & Energy) – LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Project Officer – (Environment & Energy)
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Moyo, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
Under the guidance of the Project Officer – Environment, Energy, the Project Assistant – Energy is responsible for planning, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating energy and environment activities in the field. These will be conducted within the core commitments for children and national, regional, and international principles and standards for prevention and response to child protection concerns.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identification and supervision of beneficiaries for support in environment and energy interventions; working with local artisan groups and RWCs/LCs and Block leaders will select beneficiaries for support in clean energy technologies.
- Conduct community mobilization campaigns to increase uptake of briquettes and other alternative energy technologies. The Project Assistant will mobilize and create community awareness sessions to dispense the benefits, costs, and utilization of briquettes.
- Support marketing initiatives; the Project Assistant shall support local entrepreneurs with necessary skills in marketing briquettes.
- Participate in the production and documentation of best practices for the organization.
- Supervises and supports incentive workers, and nursery operators for the effective implementation of field activities.
- Ensure that all Project’s activities are implemented and achieved based on, and according to the work plan and within the agreed project period.
Coordination and planning:
- Ensure that all weekly Projects activities in the field have approved work plans agreed upon with the supervisor;
- Ensure that all Work Plans, concept notes, budgets and beneficiary list are for all projects activities in their project locations are submitted on time;
- Build the capacity of project teams on project planning and scheduling.
Reporting and documentation:
- Lead documentation of project progress including weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports, lessons learnt and interest stories.
- Regularly and timely communicate to the Project Officer on progress of briquette uptake, highlighting successes, delays, risks, challenges, irregularities and opportunities encountered during work.
- Ensures that all the all the stakeholders (OPM, RWCs and Block leaders) in their location are aware, and where possible participate in the project activities.
- Ensure that he/she coordinates with the relevant authorities and other community-based structures in identification and response to cases and community awareness.
- Actively participate and represent the organization at the field coordination meetings.
- Support the Project Officer in raising related financial requests and budgeting.
- Record financial expenditures and sales for the briquettes sold.
- Update the Project team about the sales made and provide required financial documents to the vendors engaged in small-scale businesses.
- Undertakes other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Commitments to and understanding of LWF aims, values, and principles including a rights-based approach.
- Ensures that organization assets are maintained and taken good care.
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Applications should be addressed to;
LWF Uganda Office of Human Resources
Plot 1401, Ggabba Road, Nsambya
P.O Box 5827, Kampala- Uganda
Deadline: 22nd June 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.