Job Title: 5 Data Clerks – Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Ministry of Health
Duty Station: Soroti Regional Referral Hospital, Fort Portal Regional Referral Hospital & Masaka Regional Referral Hospital, Uganda
Reports to: Hospital Biostatician
Ministry of Health Profile:
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has received a grant from the Center for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC) Cooperative Agreement (CoAg), a strategic mechanism of the United States Government (USG) to implement activities in line with its mandate in support of the Public health response to HIV/AIDS and other health systems. CDC will be supporting a pool of Human Resources that are expected to lead the implementation of the grant. The staff to be recruited under this grant will be contracted by the MOH. The contracts are for one (1) year renewable subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance of the staff.
Keeping records and information on patients, retrieving them for Clinicians and Researchers and ensuring confidentiality and safety.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Retrieving clients file for clinical consultation and arranging files in a logical way.
- Transferring data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Verifying data by comparing it to source documents.
- Updating existing data. i.e. PRE ART and ART registers.
- Retrieving data from the database or electronic files as requested.
- Performing regular backups to ensure data preservation.
- Sorting and organizing paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost.
- Registering in and out patients.
- Keeping records and information on patients.
- Preparing patients master index cards.
- Taking patients files to clinics or wards
- Retrieving files for Clinicians and Researchers.
- Accounting for allocated resources.
- Participating in Research Activities
- Imparting knowledge and skills on staff.
- Managing and accounting for financial and other resources.
- Compiling and submitting reports.
- Patients records and information kept and maintained.
- Confidentiality and data safety ensured.
- Records /information to authorized persons availed.
- Allocated resources accounted for.
- Reports compiled and submitted.
- Timely reporting.
- Organized filling system.
- Updated Pre Art and ART registers.
- The ideal applicant must hold a diploma or an equivalent course in records management/ICT management
- At least three (3) years’ experience working in data management system.
How To Apply for Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2022
Handwritten applications should be Hand Delivered to the Central Registry of the MOH Headquarters-Kampala between 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health Headquarters (Central Registry)
Plot 6, Lourdel Road, Wandegeya
Please include your telephone number and email contacts on the application. Applicants should attach the following:
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Copy of the National Identity Card.
- Detailed curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from two of the most recent supervisors/employers.
- A photocopy of your appointment letter for your most recent position.
- Candidates employed by the Public Service or Local Governments should attach a clearance from employers and submit together with application letter)
(Candidates who fail to provide the above documentation will not be considered)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The
Closing Date: 21st June 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.