IDRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Epidemiology and Surveillance Officer
Job Title: Epidemiology and Surveillance Officer – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Nakapiripirit, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) with support from Bill and Melinda Gates foundation seeks to hire suitable candidate for the position of Epidemiology and Surveillance Officer to conduct IDRC SMC and
CPES study. The successful candidate will be based in Nakapiripirit district.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will support the clinic staff in screening, enrollment, and follow-up of study participants
- Provide leadership for the Study and maintain communication and links with the investigators.
- Manage and oversee field-based study staff.
- Participate in sensitization activities for the IDRC SMC and CPES study.
- Oversee the management and implementation of the IDRC SMC and CPES study activities in collaboration with investigators.
- Ensure proper filing and storage of relevant regulatory documents in collaboration with the regulatory team.
- Participate in the preparation and distribution of study reports, in collaboration with the data management team and investigators.
- Perform any other duty assigned by your supervisor.
Key Result Areas
- Participants correctly screened, evaluated, enrolled, and followed up;
- Good knowledge of GCP with valid certificates
- Accurate and timely entry, tracking, and recording of information on all source documents;
- Accurate and timely resolution of data queries;
- Building a Cohesive Study team;
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from a recognized Institution.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a similar setting and or performing a similar activity
- Good communication, interpersonal skills and networking skills
- Integrity and ability to develop a productive working relationship with District Health Teams.
- Ability to operate in a fast and diverse environment
- Willingness to live and work upcountry in Uganda
- Knowledge of the local language is added advantage
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates should send their applications using this link on the IDRC website.
Additional Important Comments:
- All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted Further
Deadline: Tuesday 28th June 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.