IDRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Study Coordinator (TB Script Study) (Re-advertised)
Job Title: Study Coordinator (TB Script Study) (Re-advertised) – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of STUDY COORDINATOR for the TB Screening Improves Preventive Therapy Uptake (TB SCRIPT) Trial. This is a Kampala-based position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining study protocols, preparation of questionnaires/data collection forms, visual aids, informed consent documents, institutional review board (IRB) approvals;
- Overseeing implementation of the study activities including screening, and enrolment of participants;
- Provide on-site monitoring and supervision of study staff across the 4 enrollment sites in Kampala
- Generating and sharing weekly reports and updating Team members and collaborators on study progress;
- Monitor and document suspected adverse events and protocol violation reports and data queries as laid out in the study protocol and SOPs;
- Schedule and coordinate study related conference calls with the Investigators;
- Coordinating data collection and cleaning;
- Review requisitions for supplies, services and funds to run the TB SCRIPT Trial and ensure that the necessary supplies and logistics needed to run the study are in place;
- Develop and track the study budget, payments, and accountabilities;
- Supervise, appraise staff and monitoring staff performance and output on the TB SCRIPT Trial;
- Arrange for, coordinate and facilitate structured continuous protocol trainings of the study staff;
- Develop periodic works plans for the study;
- Participate in preparing data for presentation/publication
- Responsible for maintaining the good image of IDRC/TB SCRIPT Trial at both internal and external fora.
- Ensure that the organization’s property under his/her care are appropriately utilized and well maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and a Master’s Degree in Public Health or a related field with a valid annual practicing license
- Prior experience working as a Study Coordinator on trials and/or longitudinal studies for a minimum of 2 years
- Good working knowledge of TB and HIV care and treatment
- Possess a GCP and HSP certificate
- Demonstrate Fluency in spoken and writtenLuganda.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Demonstrate experience with management of data especially with quantitative data management packages (e.g., STATA).
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under stringent deadlines and to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates should send their applications using this link on the IDRC website.
Additional Important Comments:
- All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted Further
Deadline: Friday, 1st July 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.