UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022 – Finance Officer
Job Title: Finance Officer – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
The Admin/Finance Officer will support the stewardship of WFP’s resources, monitoring budgets, forecasting, reporting on key data and providing basic administrative and human resource functions to the Area Office that enable effective management of our operational funds, and ensure assistance to beneficiaries is undertaken in the most efficient and effective way possible.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Supervise Finance Associates and Finance Assistants
- Maintain awareness of corporate finance and resource management strategies and major ongoing programmatic initiatives, participating where appropriate using finance and resource management expertise.
- Payment proposals and payment run for vendor and staff invoices processed and funds transferred to different bank accounts on a timely basis.
- Contribute towards the development of country specific plans and processes, aligned with Regional and wider WFP strategy, policies and processes to meet the food assistance needs of beneficiaries within the Country.
- Report on key data for financial status and outcomes of projects in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring accuracy, deadlines, and accounting processes are complied with.
- Monitor budgets and carry out forecasting for new and ongoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Perform bank reconciliations, disbursements, clearance of receivables, overall cash management and monthly financial closures on a regular basis in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Where necessary, deliver core administrative services, working with contractors and following standard processes to provide cost-effective, quality and timely services to WFP staff.
- Support management of existing resources (e.g., WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) and assist in identification of new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
- Provide financial and administrative oversight over the WFP guest houses and the Common Service Provision of fuel and any other resources by WFP to the other participating UN agencies.
- Carry out oversight missions for field offices and to ensure compliance with the financial reporting guidelines and Internal Controls and then resolve any issues arising.
- Posting journal voucher entries as and when need arises as per the financial procedures
- As a petty cash holder, perform monthly cash count.
- Monitor and analyze budgets for new and outgoing projects according to established corporate procedures and requirements.
- Preparation of MMC report monthly and submit it to RBN for review in accordance with corporate governance requirements, ensuring deadlines are observed accordingly.
- Support a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
- Where necessary, undertake basic human resource functions related to staff benefits, recruitment of local staff, and training.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, providing management with financial, staffing and resource usage information to enable them to make informed decisions
- Track and collate data to support others to improve policies, systems and procedures in order to minimize financial risks, improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and ensure services are aligned with business objectives.
- Contribute to the delivery of financial controls and insight into WFP performance, supporting periodic risk and internal control assessments to identify areas which may present potential audit, compliance or financial risks.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Represent unit/CO at internal meetings, external meetings and events with other UN agencies, banks and other financial institutions, or other partners and entities as required.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP can quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Other as required.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
- The applicant for United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Finance Officer job should hold a University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or related fields, or First University degree in the same subject(s) with additional years of related work experience.
- Membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
- Professional experience in digital payment solutions in relation to agricultural development programmes.
- Experience with mobile financial services, such as Agent Banking and/or Mobile Money is required.
- Solid knowledge of category management, procurement, marketing, supply chain, negotiation and sales principles.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience is required in the following
- Experience performing basic financial analyses at a national and/or field operational level.
- Experience managing financial transactions and has gained experience in administration.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in WFP administrative operating standards in day-to-day work.
- Has provided coaching or training to new staff members within area of expertise.
- Experience in both development and humanitarian contexts is an added advantage.
- Has provided input into policy discussions and decisions
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good training facilitation skills, hardworking, calm, mature, logical, culturally sensitive, result oriented and interest in humanitarian development
- Languages: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and WN Local languages/dialects is a plus
- Internal Controls & Compliance: Utilizes understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance and ensure data integrity.
- Performance Budgeting, Reporting & Analysis: Analyzes budgets and forecasts to support the development of recommendations for senior leadership on financial and business planning matters in accordance with Value for Money principles.
- Resources Management (People, time, assets, etc.): Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders.
- Financial Management & Accounting Principles: Applies knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices to ensure compliance with WFP policies, applicable procedures and accounting standards.
- Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge: Applies working knowledge of WFP programme and supply chain principles to develop and/or review project budget plans.
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 1st July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.