Job Title: Talent Manager – Building Tomorrow Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Building Tomorrow
Duty Station: Uganda
Building Tomorrow Profile
Building Tomorrow, an international social-profit organization delivering literacy and numeracy to children in underserved areas in Uganda, invites experienced, creative, and values-driven individuals to apply to our Storyteller position in the Building Tomorrow Uganda office in Kampala.
Started in 2006, Building Tomorrow equips communities to support universal access to inclusive, quality education. Through a team of 150 Building Tomorrow Fellows and over 7,000 Community Education Volunteers, Building Tomorrow will deliver its Roots to Rise literacy and numeracy programming to nearly 130,000 learners in 2022 in response to a nearly two-year closure of schools in Uganda. Between offices in Uganda and the USA, Building Tomorrow has a full-time staff of nearly 175. Building Tomorrow has received funding and recognition for its innovative work from the Mastercard Foundation, Clinton Global Initiative, Educate A Child, Echoing Green, Big Bang Philanthropy, and Forbes Magazine.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Manage organization hiring processes
- Serving as the process lead on all Building Tomorrow Uganda hiring committees
- Helping internal teams identify the need for and requirements of additional staff/roles
- Working with hiring committees to prepare clear, exciting position descriptions
- Guiding applicants to Building Tomorrow positions through a seamless hiring process
- Ensuring all candidates are treated fairly per organization policies and procedures
- Managing interview scheduling and logistics for all parties
- Communicating with candidates, references and other stakeholders as necessary
- Reviewing policies and procedures governing HR processes on an annual basis
Grow Building Tomorrow’s unique culture
- Brainstorming and leading events aimed at culture building within the organization
- Organizing the performance management system implemented by Building Tomorrow Uganda
- Leading special projects as assigned by country office management
Support the day-to-day needs of Building Tomorrow employees
- Coordinating Building Tomorrow Uganda’s onboarding process for new employees
- Supporting the enrollment of employees in organization offered benefits (insurance, etc.)
- Serving as point person for employee questions
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to produce quality written products tailored to various audiences
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and a team-oriented mentality
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly motivated and ability to self-start, as well as see through projects from beginning to end
- Professional demeanor and willingness to engage with partners through email, phone calls, and in-person meetings
- Strong time management skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- A curiosity in the world around him/her
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with online applicant tracking systems (Breezy) a plus.
- A desire to invest in people, relationships and culture.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, with a bias In human resource management.
WE WANT YOU TO APPLY IF…
- You have an unshakeable passion for education equality, believing access to an inclusive, quality education is a basic human right.
- You possess creative ingenuity, being progressive in your thinking and approaching challenges old and new. You are intrapreneurial and unafraid to pilot new ideas.
- You are relentlessly determined. You refuse to accept the status quo and persistently strive to create new opportunities to reach more children, allowing them to reach their maximum potential.
- You believe in collaborative engagement. You believe more can be achieved together than alone, believe in the power of cultivating relationships and see everyone as an equal partner.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This position is at Managerial Level, based in Kampala and position holder reports to the Director of Operatoons.
How To Apply for Building Tomorrow Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.