Job Title: Finance Assistant – DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance Officer
DanChurchAid (DCA) Profile:
Under direct supervision of the finance officer with an overall reporting to the finance and support manager, the finance assistant supports field programme activities through timely payment of vendors, maintain sufficient petty cash float for smooth operation of field activities, conduct petty cash reconciliation and replenishment. Provide secure filing system for easy retrieval of the vouchers during donor verification and external audit, ensure effective, transparent, and efficient utilization of programme finance, incompliance to donor requirements, DanChurchAid policy manuals and local government laws. Works in close collaboration with programme team and other support units both at field office and Kampala Head Office level.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Maintain safe custody of petty cash float, cheque books, vouchers, ensure there is always enough cash in the office, conduct periodic cash and reconciliation.
- Conduct proper bookkeeping and updates record of petty cash account transactions in the system on daily basis for review and posting by the Finance and support manager.
- Perform thorough review and verification of payment vouchers, Supporting documents before processing payments and support in organization of donor verification and external audit.
- Disburse timely payments to vendors, file all the payment vouchers systematically and chronologically in both hard and soft copy for easy retrieve.
- Through the support from the finance officer, communicate the need for petty cash replenishment to ensure smooth operations of programme activities.
- Work in collaboration with programme team and other support units, provide guidance to properly use of various accounting templates.
- Build and develop meaningful and effective relationship with other staff both at West Nile field offices and DCA- Kampala Head Office.
- Induct new staff about DanChurchAid accounting policy, requirements, and relevant supporting documents.
- Prepare petty cash reconciliations and uploaded on the intranet at the end of every month.
- Thoroughly review and verify all petty cash payments vouchers for approvals and completeness before processing payment.
- Support the finance officer in capturing vouchers in the system on weekly basis.
- Ensure Systematic filing of payment vouchers and their support documents.
- Scan all payment vouchers and upload on the intranet for safety and security as part of risk management.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or BBA (accounting)
- CPA/ACCA is an added advantage.
- At least three years of relevant work experience in a similar role with an international organization.
- Understanding of the West-Nile context and local language is a Must
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
- Ability to pay attention to details and work under pressure.
How To Apply for DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Closing Date: 1st July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.