EDC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Community Mobilization Assistant
Job Title: Community Mobilization Assistant – EDC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Education Development Center (EDC)
Location: Gulu, Uganda
Education Development Center (EDC) Profile:
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The goal of the five-year, USAID-funded Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity is for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives. The ICYD Activity is expected to achieve the following:
- Children and youth have improved learning outcomes;
- Children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments; and
- Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships.
Working in partnership with Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) and Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development (MGLSD), district and zonal officials, and other Ugandan government and civil society partners, ICYD will comprise a series of activities to: support improved basic education for Ugandan children; address school-related and gender-based violence; facilitate enhanced child protection and support for vulnerable youth; provide support to HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their caregivers/families; and support HIV care and treatment outcomes in close collaboration with clinical and community structures. ICYD will also contribute to improved systems within the MoES and MGLSD to promote Early Grade Reading (EGR) and child protection.
The Community Mobilization Assistant (CMA) will be responsible for supporting a given number of schools to ensure that children learn to read in safe and caring environments at school, home and in the community. S/he will be expected to work with all key stakeholders including the Headteachers (HTs), teachers, School Management Committees (SMCs) and Parent Teacher Associations (PTAs), local governments and community leaders. The CMA will be part of and work collaboratively alongside other members of the ICYD Activity team, including the Early Grade Reading Officers (EGROs), District Community Engagement Supervisors (DCES) and Pre-Service Development Officers (PSDOs). This is a full-time position based in Gulu, Uganda, serving the following districts: Apac, Kole, Kwania, Lira, Dokolo, Oyam, Gulu, Kitgum, Omoro, and Agago.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- CMAs will work closely with the HTs and teachers to facilitate early grade reading (EGR) activities in both Local Language and English at school-level. The core activities of the CMA will entail EGR teacher training and routine monitoring and support supervision school visits to conduct coaching and mentoring and school-based continuous professional development (CPD) for the teachers and HTs.
- CMAs will also work closely with the HTs, relevant teachers and Para Social Workers (PSWs) and Social Workers (SWs) to facilitate school-related gender-based violence (SRGBV) prevention activities in school and in the community. The activities include training HTs and relevant teachers on Journeys Plus and Journeys for Community, the Early Warning System, etc., as well as establishing SRGBV prevention committees in schools and conducting monitoring and support supervision school visits to coach and mentor HTs and relevant teachers.
- CMAs will support SMCs, PTAs and other community organizations to monitor and develop plans and strategies to address barriers to pupil enrollment, regular attendance and school retention and to address other contributing factors to low EGR competences among P1-P4 learners and combat SRGBV at the school level.
- CMAs will work with the schools and community members and local leaders to facilitate the Local Reading Support Program (LRSP) and Voluntary Literacy Tutoring (VLT) activities;
- CMAs will engage and build positive relationships with local and existing school foundational structures, supporters, and partners to improve support for EGR and safer learning environments.
- CMAs will prepare and submit written reports on ICYD activities and results on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- CMAs will conduct these and other tasks as required in support of the ICYD Activity goals.
The candidate for the position of Community Mobilization Assistant shall have at a minimum the following qualifications:
- Grade III Teaching Certificate; diploma in a related field is preferred.
- Experience in teaching EGR.
- Experience in teacher training.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring teachers.
- Experience in conducting school-based CPD.
- Experience in facilitating SRGBV prevention activities in school and in the community.
- Experience in implementing community awareness and advocacy activities.
- Community engagement, facilitation, and training skills.
- Detailed understanding of the Ugandan education context.
- Knowledgeable of local government and community structures.
- Ability to verbally communicate in an engaging manner and write clearly and concisely in English.
- Ability to build effective relationships with relevant community and local government structures and peers.
- Ability to work within a cross cultural setting with tolerance and respect and negotiate diplomatically.
- Skills of working in a team, including basic supervision and management skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Fluency in English and Lëb Acoli and Lëblaŋo is required.
How To Apply for EDC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 1st July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
Get Email Job Updates
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- Administrative Assistant – MRC/UVRI
- Accounts Assistant – Armstrong Consulting Engineers
- Graduate Management Trainee – Airtel Uganda
- UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2022 – 20 No Experience Project Advocates
- Database System Administrator – Nakasero Hospital Ltd
- QA Quality Controller – Coca-Cola Beverages
- Marketforce Uganda Jobs 2021 – Fresher Customer Experience Executive
- NGO Jobs Uganda 2017 – Fresher Diploma Instructors at Vision for Africa International
- UpEnergy Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Engineering Technician
- EBC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Merchandisers
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (494)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,281)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (156)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (107)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (47)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (393)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (297)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (35)
- Career Advice (12)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (103)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (45)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (116)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (359)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (179)
- Economist Jobs in Uganda (6)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (137)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (67)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (368)
- Entrepreneurship (2)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (71)
- Fashion Design Jobs (3)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (9)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (316)
- Finance Jobs (681)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (91)
- Freelancing Jobs (2)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (82)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (392)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (10)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (17)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (61)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (42)
- Hotel Jobs (18)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (222)
- Human Rights Jobs (27)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (481)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (85)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (30)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (532)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (116)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (121)
- Manufacturing Jobs (27)
- Marketing Jobs (144)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (68)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (459)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (132)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (250)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,571)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (631)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (27)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (12)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (40)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (22)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (214)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (312)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (13)
- Quality Assurance (3)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (64)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (91)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (125)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (325)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (263)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (73)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (103)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (16)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (29)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (149)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (299)
- UN jobs in Uganda (411)
- Uncategorized (321)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (89)