Mott MacDonald Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Learning Support Coordinator
Job Title: Learning Support Coordinator – Mott MacDonald Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Mott MacDonald
Duty Station: Uganda
Mott MacDonald Profile
Mott MacDonald is a leading, employee-owned global management, engineering and development consultancy with £1 billion revenue and more than 14,000 staff working in 140 countries for both the public and private sectors. Our International Development Services Unit, IDS, operates portfolios within the international development sectors of Environment, Climate, Water, Roads, Rural & Urban Development, Education, Health, Social and Economic Development in over 40 countries.
The overall role for the District Learning Support Officer (LSO) is to coordinate the planning, implementation, and monitoring of Local Government (LG) level activities for the SESIL Programme. The LSO will be embedded within the District Education Office working closely with and through the district’s technical and political leadership. THE LSO will also work with the Regional Coordinator, Deputy Regional Coordinator, Senior Learning Support Officers and the LG Stakeholders, and with technical support from the Performance Improvement Team, the LSO will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the effective implementation of CLL in order to improve children’s learning
- Ensuring LGs, sub-counties, parishes and communities are supporting and are actively engaged with the CLL and radio programming initiatives in order to improve the foundational literacy and numeracy skills of children.
- Ensuring that effective monitoring of activities are routinely being implemented at the community, parish/sub-county and district levels.
Roles and Responsibilities
The LSO will work with SESIL colleagues and national counterparts to:
Oversight over CLL, radio and community engagement (CE) activities
- Oversee the set up/scale-up of the CLL activities within the LG spearheaded by the CDO & DEO offices and SESIL. Depending on start date, priorities will include community support to identification of sub-counties/parishes, mobilisation/sensitisation, support to identification of eligible learners, mapping of learning centres, identification of Community Learning Facilators (CLFs)/volunteers/, support to developing systems for facilitation payments, developing monitoring systems
- Coordinate the training activities for CLL including developing training workplans/schedules and budgets (CLF ToTs/induction, Peer to Peer trainings).
- Coordinate the follow-up, and ensure effective mentorship of CLFs including peer to peer CPD sessions for CLFs, including ensuring proposed structures function effectively in the first months of implementation.
- Provide ongoing technical support to the implementation of the CLL, radio and community engagement (CE) initiatives
- Coordinate/collaborate with the key stakeholders at district, subcounty, parish and CLL centre levels (including centre management committees).
RAL/Reporting and stakeholder engagement
- Contribute to the quality assurance of CLL lessons by regularly observing lessons and providing feedback to CLFs.
- Coordinate the collection and submission of monthly reports by the CLFs and CLL Commiteees
- Nurture communication and ensure appropriate planning/updates with both technical and political teams at LG including sharing plans to inform the LG planning processes.
- Working with the RAL team, coordinate the CLL and CE M&E activities at community, parish/subcounty, district levels.
- Collaborate closely with the LGs stakeholders including the DEO to support monitoring of CLL, CE and radio activity implementation and learner progress, among others through regular coordination meetings.
- Effectively document all information related to project successes and best practices
- In close collaboration with the national and regional teams toensure that they develop and implement effective strategies that raise the learning outcomes of children in CLL
- Submit weekly / monthly / quarterly internal reports on CLL, radio and CE
- Monitori and report on any developments within the context in which they operate that have likely implications on the delivery of SESIL activities. This inludes any legal or regulatory changes, issues, risks, new reforms, strategies or policies that have been proposed or introduced, that have implications on delivery of SESIL activities.
- Immediately report any safeguarding incidents in line with SESIL/Mott MacDonald’s Safeguarding Policy.
- Submit monthly safeguarding log highlighting safeguarding incidents from the delivery of CLL.
- Provide contionous mentorship and guidance to CLFs and communities on safeguarding issues.
Note: These terms of reference reflect the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop, the TOR will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post holder and line manager.
The post will require frequent travel to the communities, parishes, sub-counties and districts in the region.
- A University Degree in Education, Social Sciences, or related field; or equivalent by experience.
- Work experience in education, ideally in literacy and numeracy programmes targeting early grade children.
- At least 1-year work experience in international development
- Experience with Project Cycle Management, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes
- Experience working with Local Governments and communities on education, coaching and mentoring, and life skills are a plus.
- Experience with working in a multicultural team.
How To Apply for Mott MacDonald Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
Get Email Job Updates
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- Greenlight Planet Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Call Center Executives
- World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Assistant Accountant
- Makerere University Jobs 2022 – Fresher Administrative Assistant
- WHO Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher IT Assistant
- Nile Breweries Jobs 2022 – Fresher Sales Representative
- World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Food Assistance Information and Reporting Officer
- UBOS Jobs 2022 – 2 Fresher Communication / Public Relations Officers
- UBOS Jobs 2022 – 4 Fresher IT Officers
- UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Data Management Associate
- Imagine Her Jobs 2022 – Fresher Curriculum Design & Training Associate
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (394)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,117)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (144)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (95)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (44)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (348)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (1)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (1)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (256)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (29)
- Career Advice (12)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (18)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (86)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (41)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (99)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (309)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (21)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (159)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (119)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (58)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (335)
- Entrepreneurship (1)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (63)
- Fashion Design Jobs (1)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (7)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (284)
- Finance Jobs (595)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (71)
- Freelancing Jobs (1)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (63)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (292)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (8)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (16)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (48)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (39)
- Hotel Jobs (17)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (197)
- Human Rights Jobs (27)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (412)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (74)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (18)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (443)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (101)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (108)
- Manufacturing Jobs (14)
- Marketing Jobs (141)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (56)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (393)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (123)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (229)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,316)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (562)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (17)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (4)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (34)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (17)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (191)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (281)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (10)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (42)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (73)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (99)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (299)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (199)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (61)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (92)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (15)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (27)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (125)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (252)
- UN jobs in Uganda (327)
- Uncategorized (284)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (80)