Job Title: Civil Engineer with focus on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) – Welthungerhilfe Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
Location: Moroto, Uganda
Welthungerhilfe (WHH) Profile:
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest non-governmental aid and development agencies in Germany. The objective of the program in Uganda is to improve livelihoods of the most vulnerable population in rural areas through interventions that increase their Food and Nutrition Security, improve sustainable access to WASH services and support the employability of the youth through vocational and life skills training. We understand that livelihoods of the rural population in Uganda have improved in a sustainable way when people are able to meet their basic food needs, have access to clean drinking water and safe sanitation, live in a healthy environment and take up opportunities to earn and diversify a decent income.
WHH started its operations in Karamoja Sub Region (North-Eastern Uganda) since 2009, applying a wide range of measures including emergency aid, agriculture, livestock, WASH, income generation, conflict mitigation. Recently, WHH received a grant from the German Federal Ministry for Cooperation and Development for a project entitled Protection and Conservation of Lokere Catchment to improve Living Conditions in Karamoja/Uganda, Phase 2.
The project will operate from April 2022 to December 2024.
Key result areas include;
- Strengthened management structures in the catchment area are committed to the protection and sustainable management of natural resources in the Lokere watershed.
- Implementation of adapted measures for the protection, restoration and conservation of local ecosystems in the Lokere watershed has been extended by local actors.
Our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles and all our work is led by six core values: Accountability, Courage, Respect, Transparency, Commitment and Curiosity.
The Civil Engineer will work with the Agriculture Officer, Capacity Building Officer and Community Development Officers, and other Engineers supporting the water and natural resource management activities of the project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify training needs, design training materials and conduct trainings and build the capacity of project participants, District Local Governments, NGOs and CBOs as per the project design for improved water and environment/natural resources management
- Participate in the identification, planning, siting and design of soil and water conservation measures and activities with the greatest potential to improve water and natural resources management.
- Plan, implement, supervise, monitor and evaluate activities in micro-catchments to ensure effective use of the project resources in achieving results.
- Promote environmental protection and conservation, champion cross-sectoral policy approach that foster economic growth and sustain the vital ecosystems and the environment in Lokere Catchment.
- Coordinate and work closely with identified Community Based Organizations, the District Natural Resources, Water, Production and Community Based Departments, Sub County authorities, community leaders and relevant beneficiary/participant households.
- Produce activity, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as per WHH and donor requirements
- Contribute to the documentation of lessons learned from each activity and relevant/cost-effective recommendations for future programming
- Coordinate and cooperate with the engineers of other WHH-projects in Karamoja
- The ideal candidate must hold Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Water Resources Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Sciences, Integrated Water Resources Management from a recognized University or Institution
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive working experience in civil engineering and 2 years in IWRM or environment management.
- Extensive knowledge of community participatory approaches and disaster risk reduction
- Broad knowledge of the concepts, principles, techniques and practices of IWRM, environment and/or climate change, safe access to energy, and biodiversity conservation will be an asset.
- Excellent skills in presentation, training, reporting.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet)
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid driver’s license
- Willingness to live in a rural environment and to travel
- Working experience in Karamoja and Ngakarimojong language skills are desirable
How To Apply for Welthungerhilfe Uganda Jobs 2022
All Qualified and interested applicants should submit via email their Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages) containing contact details and telephone numbers of work-related reference persons to; email@example.com. Files should be submitted in single email with standard file types like MS Word(.doc) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) and should not exceed 2MB.
Please indicate the position for which you are applying in the subject line of your E-mail and qualified females and People with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Deadline: 30th June 2022 at 5.00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.