Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2022 – HTS/eMTCT Officer
Job Title: HTS/eMTCT Officer – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Technically supports districts and monitor the implementation of quality Differentiated HIV testing services (HTS), elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV (eMTCT) services, early infant diagnosis (EID) services and implementation of other HIV prevention programs targeting Adolescents, young people, Key and priority populations in alignment with the program objectives and set targets.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly Cluster work plans & operational plans for HIV testing services (HTS), Prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT), early infant diagnosis (EID), and targeted HIV prevention services for Key and Priority populations (KP/PP); and related budgets.
- Build the capacity of health workers and key community stakeholders in both Quality Improvement initiatives for and delivery of quality HTS, PMTCT/EID and targeted prevention services to KP/PP service provision through training of service providers, and quarterly on site mentorships to all supported health facilities and community structures with in supported districts.
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of innovative strategies that increase HTS yield like APN, community engagement including KP/PP and male involvement in HIV testing and PMTCT services.
- Supervise Health facility-community referral and linkage activities in HTS, PMTCT, EID & prevention for KP/PP and provide guidance to implementers.
- Periodically review, with appropriate documentation, of site & district level HTS, PMTCT/EID and KP/PP cascades and ensure retention of clients along the continuum of response. Periodically review and monitor PMTCT/HCT/EID performance against set targets and submit periodic reports to key stakeholders in line with program and national reporting requirements.
- Technically support and supervise the integration of Family planning in HIV and PMTCT services provided at both the health facilities and community intervention points in line with project objectives & National guidelines.
- Advise on progress of implementation of planned activities on a monthly basis and address poor performance with corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Strengthen collaborations and effective corporate, local government, and community partnerships including target community engagement of KP/PP for a coordinated and harmonized HIV program.
- Participate in HIV operational research, documented and disseminate findings at national and international conferences, journals and medical related literature in line with Baylor Uganda research guidelines.
- Support implementation of HIV self-testing and distribution of HIV self-testing kits among target populations at health facilities and communities.
- A degree in Nursing (reproductive health) or related field of medicine from a recognized institution and must be registered with the relevant professional body.
- Trainer of Trainers in eMTCT and EID
- Must have solid practical skills in implementation of HTS, eMTCT, EID, HIV Care and ART and Other prevention programs for key and priority populations.
- 3years of related work experience in technical assistance support to districts and Health system strengthening (HSS).
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.