IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Clinical Officer
Job Title: Clinical Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development –bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Kiryandongo, Yumbe, Arua, Kasese and Kampala.
The Clinical Officer will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of effective and efficient health services in the health facility. He will provide overall leadership and supervision of the staff at the health facility. S/HE will be the focal person for the implementation of the primary health care activities at the health facility and its catchment community and will work in close collaboration with the Medical Officer. In collaboration with the Medical Officer, assess staff capacity needs at health Centre level, and coordinate all planned trainings. S/He will ensue that all reports are compiled accurately and submitted on time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall leadership and management of the health facility, including managing all the human resources at the health facility.
- Ensure staff adherence to professional and service codes of conduct and ethics; and promote the vision, mission and the values of IRC as expressed in the policies, regulations & guidelines of the Organization.
- Planning and overseeing the implementation of the primary health care activities, the Uganda Minimum Health Care Package, at the health facility level.
- Ensuring that medicines, medical equipment, medical supplies, non-medical supplies, and all other resources allocated to the health facility are put to the intended use and are accounted for.
- Ensure that the health facility infrastructure and equipment are well maintained and functional.
- Support the formation & functionality of necessary committees such as the Health Unit Management Committee.
- Maintain the asset register of the health facility.
- Supervising the clinical services at the health facility, diagnosis, treatment and management of patients.
- In collaboration with the medical officer, provide technical guidance and supervision of lower cadre health staff.
- Co-ordinate the provision of continuous professional development of the staff.
- Ensure the functionality of health management information system so as to produce quality weekly, monthly reports that are submitted timely.
Communication & Reporting
- Provide regular feedback on day to day running of the facility.
- Assist in the preparation of donor reports.
- Participate in the development and implementation of program work plans.
Must have a Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health or its equivalent from a recognized Institution
Must be registered and licensed to practice under the Allied Health Professionals Council.
- At least 2 years of work experience, with field experience in a health project implementation.
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating.
- Concern for quality and standards.
- Communication Skills
- Ethics and integrity.
- Self-control and stress management.
- Time management
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 7th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.