CRS Uganda Jobs 2022 – 41 Fresher Survey Enumerators
Job Title: 41 Survey Enumerators – CRS Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Profile
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-profit organization whose commitment is to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas set out by the Bishops of the United States. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
About the Project:
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) and its partners is implementing a six-year, USAID/Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) funded program to build resilience to shocks, enhance livelihoods, and improve food and nutrition security for vulnerable rural families in the Karamoja sub-region since 2017. The program, named Nuyok (which means “it is ours” in the local language), covers Abim, Nakapiripirit, Nabilatuk, and Napak districts. Nuyok seeks to strengthen governance and gender equity; community capacity to manage shocks and stresses; traditional and diversified livelihood opportunities; and nutrition and health (including improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH)) of pregnant and lactating women (PLW), adolescent girls, and children under 5 years of age (CU5).
CRS seeks to recruit 41 (13 in Abim, 13 in Napak and 15 in Nakapiripirit/Nabilatuk) experienced Survey Enumerators. The enumerators’ responsibilities will be on a need-for-work basis and is not going to be a full-time job. The enumerators will work under the supervision of Nuyok MEAL officers and will be responsible for administering questionnaires to Nuyok participants (beneficiaries) in rural communities of Abim, Napak, Nakapiripirit and Nabilatuk districts as well as entering responses into CommCare Mobile Application, providing important feedback on key issues of concern as they emerge during survey testing and data collection. Enumerators will participate in a training related to the tool before administering the survey in targeted households.
The main objective of the Participant-based Annual Survey (PaBS) is to measure the progress made by Nuyok over the past year, since the last PaBS in September 2021, against the set targets for FY22 outlined in the activity’s Indicator Performance Tracking Table (IPTT). The focus of the survey is on achievement of outcome indicators.
The enumerators will be primarily responsible for collecting data for the Nuyok Participant Based Annual Survey (PaBS) at household level.
- The enumerators will be responsible to gather and accurately record responses in the questionnaire uploaded in CommCare Mobile Application.
- Ensure that data entered in the system is accurate and complete.
- Recognize and give account of problems in obtaining data and provide useful feedback from the field during the survey.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Pre-data Enumerators duties:
- Participate in the training workshop for the survey questionnaire to understand the requirements and contents
- Participate in training workshop and orientation of the use of the CommCare based questionnaire;
- Participate in a questionnaire pretest and trial-run of the data processing and reporting.
Data Enumerators duties:
- Conduct face to face interviews with selected respondents using the survey questionnaire;
- Enter responses to the CommCare application using data collection tablets.
- Report key issues of concern during data collection and hand over to the team lead at the end of each day.
- Exercise high level of security measures to avoid data loss and theft of devices.
- Attend daily briefing and debrief.
Post-Data Collection duties:
- Return all data collection gadgets and materials to survey supervisor
- Answer any questions from the supervisor regarding the data uploaded
- Maintain confidentiality of all the information under your access
- Participate in any post survey learning event Nuyok may organize.
- The ideal applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Social Sciences or Development Studies.
- Previous experience conducting data collection using mobile devices is a must;
- Experience with development programming, preferably in one or more of the following sectors: agroenterprise and agriculture; DRR and resilience; irrigation and natural resource management including farmer producer group (FPG) participants; livestock and fisheries; nutrition-related SBCC activities; savings and internal lending communities (SILC); and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH);
- Knowledge of CommCare Application is an added advantage but not a requirement.
- Highly organized individual, capable of handling multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, and managing time effectively
- Must be available for the entire period.
- Ability to work independently, willing to learn, as well as an effective team player
- Willingness to work long hours to achieve set goals
- Ability to Communicate: Confidently expresses self, able to clearly ask questions and help the
- respondent understand what is needed from her/him
- Cultural Awareness: Must be aware of and sensitive to the cultural expectations of communities in Karamoja
- Working English language proficiency
- Required Languages – Leb Thur, Nga’karimojong
The enumerators positions are short-term (10 working days) in September 2022. In addition to the daily rate, enumerators will be provided with all travel arrangements for field data collection and piloting of the tools. Travel to the training location will not be compensated. Meals and refreshment may not be provided during the data collection period. Successful candidates will cater for their own accommodation in the areas of their assignment.
Agency-Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
How To Apply for CRS Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
- Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy and paste – SURVEYENUMERATOR only
- All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
Only Selected Candidates That Meet the Requirements Will Be Notified.
Deadline: 5th July 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.