UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Human Resources Officer
Job Title: Human Resources Officer (Strategic Talent Acquisition and Human Capital Development) – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
The main purpose of the Strategic Talent Acquisition and Human Capital Development Officer is to design and manage organization strategic workforce plans, talent acquisition strategies and human capital development in line with the overall Country Strategic Plan and the UGA Country Office (CO) human resource transformative agenda:
Provide support in building talent within WFP, working with managers to understand their needs and organizing solutions to recruit, retain and develop a high caliber workforce to deliver the business strategy
Support for organizational design activities that enable senior management to define and organize structures and jobs, and allocate people to the right places in order to improve efficiency
Roles and responsibilities:
Strategic Talent Acquisition
- Develop and execute strategic, modern talent acquisition strategies, to enable the organization to identify, attract and hire the best talent in support of the Country Strategic Plan.
- Lead the organization workforce planning process on an annual basis, taking into consideration the key organization performance drivers, metrics, funding and overall progress of the Country Strategic Plan.
- Champion and lead the organizational talent review and succession planning process, in accordance with the developed guidelines and tools.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships, including professional associations, academic institutions, talent sourcing institutions, and other recruiting sources to ensure constant presence of a talent pipeline.
- Improved the gender diversity and drive the improvements of talent attraction and recruitment approaches, especially attraction of qualified female candidates.
- Provision of timely and accurate staffing analytics across the various contract types and modalities.
- Collecting information and proposing best practices in the area of talent acquisition relevant to the country context. This includes, building a database or relevant job boards, networks, universities to source and attract talents from. The officer will further act as a focal point in the Country Office to implement Talent Acquisition best practices proposed from a regional and corporate level.
- In close collaboration with the Senior HR Officer, develop and implement a plan to collect learnings needs for the Country Office and in liaison with the regional and corporate colleagues propose interventions to address skills gaps identified through the analysis. Collect data from participants/managers to understand their training experience and propose improvements to existing learning interventions.
Human Capital Development
- Lead and guide the various organization units in conducting the annual learning needs assessment exercise.
- Lead the development and execution of an organization-wide learning and development strategy and plan in line with the country wide priorities and strategic plan.
- Create and build key strategic partnerships with all managers, learning services providers, country leadership, regional and head office partners in relation to staff learning and development.
- Continuous monitoring and evaluation of the learning and develop plans, actions across the organization, using best practice methods;
- Provision of timely and accurate learning and development merits and reports for effective management decision-making.
- Drive increased utilization of the learning resources by staff across the organizations.
- Advise employees on the use of corporate performance management tools and propose ideas to strengthen the performance culture in the country office.
- Manage the ongoing performance management process ensuring all staff are informed, trained and coached on all aspects of the performance management cycle and timelines.
- Enhance utilization of the organization performance management tools, for example the feedback tools, among others
- Orient new staff, managers in the utilization of the online probation management system
- Drive organization-wide compliance with the corporate performance planning, review and assessment timelines.
- Provision of timely and accurate staff performance management data.
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
- Sound knowledge of HR concepts and principles with a broad knowledge of best practices, techniques and processes.
- Very good communication skills with the ability to listen, persuade, influence and adapt communication style to different situations and individuals.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a small team.
- Ability to work independently under minimum guidance.
- Flexibility, adaptability and resilience in a changing and/or difficult environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan and those under your supervision.
- Ability to be result-oriented, to understand clients’ needs and identify appropriate solutions.
- Ability to explain the rationale for human resources decisions and to gain consensus from different stakeholders.
- Ability to draft clear and concise reports or rationale for human resources decisions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, peers and counterparts and provide client-oriented service.
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 8th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.