IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher HIV Counsellor
Job Title: HIV Counsellor – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is an international non-governmental organization founded in 1933. IRC works in 28 countries providing relief, protection, and resettlement assistance to refugees and displaced populations. IRC was registered in Uganda in mid-1998 and implements rehabilitation activities in the sectors of Child and Youth Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development, Health and Women Protection and Empowerment. IRC Uganda has a head office in Kampala with field offices in Kitgum, Moroto, Yumbe, Imvepi, Kyaka II and Kiryandongo.
Under the supervision of the health facility in-charge, h/she shall provide quality counseling of clients, patient follow-up in coordination with the community health workers. Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Utilize Community Health data management tools and systems to record information about HIV clients accessing services, in line with the principle of confidentiality and utilize aggregate information to improve service delivery.
- Develop strategies for retention of psychosocial groups and evaluate performance of individual psychosocial groups.
- Conduct counseling of individual clients and encouraging forms of psychosocial support.
- Conduct awareness raising activities.
- Maintain a positive relationship with community health workers, VHT’s and other community-based groups to ensure they are involved in the activities of the community health and they play an active role in the referral pathway.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with all organizations working in the context to facilitate referrals and joint activities, while upholding IRC’s standard in Health programming.
- Conduct regular follow-ups, compile daily & weekly reports, and attend weekly case review meetings.
- Collect data through Community Health management tools and systems.
- And any other duties that might be given by the supervisor in the line of duty.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Diploma or Bachelor’s in social sciences, community development or other relevant academic qualification.
- Past Experience engaging in community-based initiatives will be an added advantage
- At least two (2) years’ working experience preferably with NGOs in a cross-cultural setting.
- Experience in supervising staff and community incentive workers.
- Previous team experience and knowledge of team dynamics is desirable.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 14th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.