UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (TA)
Job Title: Programme Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (TA) – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees was established on December 14, 1950 by the United Nations General Assembly. UNHCR’s mandate under the Statute of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is to lead and co-ordinate action for international protection to refugees; seek permanent solutions for the problems of refugees and safeguard refugee rights and well-being. UNHCR has an additional mandate concerning issues of statelessness, as it is given a designated role under Article 11 of the 1961 Convention on the Reduction of Statelessness.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the roll out of a household survey in second half of 2022 to collect new COMPASS Impact and Outcome indicators that are mandatory as well as those required for the Refugee Response Plan (RRP)
- – Provide technical support to the RRP sector leads and partners to harmonize, whenever possible, the RRP and UNHCR/COMPASS indicators.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of the operation current monitoring and evaluation systems and tools. Including but not limited to, UNHCR use of ProGres4; Activity Info, RRP, COMPASS indicators, surveys conducted by the different sectors including PDM etc). Compile recommendations and suggestions on how to improve and streamline UNHCR Ugandans approach to M&E and related reporting.
- In consultation with relevant sectors develop a clear roadmap of M&E objectives and related activities to be integrated into the operations planning and budgeting cycles.
- Ensure overall coordination and streamlining of M&E activities in the operation and harmonization of indicators
- Drafting TORs and methodologies for monitoring activities
- Based on the recommendation of the operation’s system review, support setting up monitoring system, for monitoring protection, assistance and solutions results (impact, outcomes, outputs) together with relevant teams to ensure a results-based monitoring culture throughout the operation and the operations management cycle.
- Support senior management on selecting and monitoring key indicators to track and analyses progress and results for evidence -based decisions; keep track of management decisions and follow-up actions and communicate information and findings to key stakeholders.
- Based on the recommendation of the operations system review findings, support evaluation planning for Results Frameworks
- Guide and support teams in data collection methodologies, data sources, management and analysis, including qualitative and quantitative data, in close collaboration with evaluation and IM staff.
- Produce relevant M&E related reports
- Train UNHCR and partner staff in UNHCRs results based management monitoring standards and procedures.
- Cooperate and coordinate with partners and stakeholders to facilitate coherence of monitoring approaches across multi-partner initiatives and engage in UN fora on monitoring (UNDAFs, HRP, RRP etc.).
- Support processes to link monitoring to the operations evaluation and risk management plan.
- Facilitate in partnership with Evaluation colleagues, innovative solutions for monitoring and facilitate lessons learning within the operation, UNHCR in the region and globally, and among other stakeholders and contribute to UNHCRs global community of practice on monitoring.
- Seek advanced technical support from and collaborate with regional and headquarters monitoring and evaluation advisors for overall coordination of priority M&E activities.
- In the bureau assist in determining thematic areas or projects for decentralized evaluations.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- The ideal applicant must hold a International Relations; Business Administration; Social Science; Economics or other relevant field.
- Experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation in an international development and/or humanitarian context. Experience in setting up systems and rolling out monitoring frameworks. Experience in results-based management. Experience in managing a variety of internal and external stakeholders in a cross-cultural professional environment.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with UN development or humanitarian actors, frameworks and coordinating mechanisms. Experience in working with Government and institutions. Experience in data management and statistics, including surveys and indicator management. Experience with organisational change processes. Experience with UN programming. Experience in strategic planning processes and in coordinating and drafting strategies and plans, in particular on protection and solutions, advocacy, or partnership building.
- EL-Monitoring and Evaluation
- PG-Programme Planning
- PG-Results-Based Management
- IM-Information Management (related technical requirements & Operating Procedures)
- DM-Data Management
- PG-UNHCR’s Programmes
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- Organizational Awareness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Client & Result Orientation
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Managing Performance
- Managing Resources
- Analytical Thinking
- Change Capability and Adaptability
- Planning and Organizing
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 6th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.