World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Project Accountant
Job Title: Project Accountant – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: World Vision International
Duty Station: Kamwenge, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator (Lego Foundation Playful Parenting Project)
World Vision International Profile:
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries.
Work with the Response Finance Manager in budget preparations, monitoring grants budgets, MYPBAS commitments against approved budgets and expenditure, prepare financial reports and assist finance & operations staff in understanding basics of grants regulations and World Vision International Financial policies.
Roles and responsibilities:
Documentation, reporting and knowledge management (20%)
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual program financial reports to different donors, follow-ups and maintain donors’ relationships.
Audit & Risk Management (15%)
- Prepare grants for audits, review and assist in the implementation of program and financial audit recommendations with a view of providing adequate implementation plan to ensure recommendations are implemented on timely basis.
Budget Management (20%)
- Prepare and revise program budgets and cash flows in line with donor requirements, financial policies and procedures and advise management concerning appropriate actions to be taken in order to achieve set objectives in line with donor requirements
Payment of project expenses (20%)
- Review program expenditures to ensure proper documentation, coding, donor requirements and WV financial policies compliances, budget availability and initiate any necessary corrections or adjustments
Track Payable & Receivable (5%)
- Track payable and receivable accounts for vendors and program staff on a monthly basis and maintain them at low levels so as not to put program funds at risk.
Update Grant document (5%)
- Update grant files with proposals, grant agreements, budgets, financial reports, narrative reports, cost extensions, no cost extensions and other relevant correspondences.
Asset Management (5%)
- Track and Monitor the use of program assets and equipment as per World Vision Policies and provide assets and equipment report to the management on quarterly basis for corrective actions.
Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
- Degree in Business Administration/Commerce-with Accounting option
- Excellent spoken and written command of English.
- Good communication, writing, facilitation
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
- Excellent computer application skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Team player, Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Computer literacy
- Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required
- Minimum of 2 years professional work experience in accounting, preferable with NGO
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree-Accounting Option
- A professional course is an added advantage
- Analytical skills
- Computer skills (word, Excel, power point preferred)
- Communication skill
- Reporting skills
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 8th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.